Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a skinny fat person who wants to get fit but has no idea where to begin...HELP me fitness fanatics!

ReputationRep:
    Cardio!

If gym membership is out the question and you don't have a school gym then maybe go running/jogging. Invest in a decent pair of running shoes and have a good playlist and you'll be away.

Make sure you also keep an eye on what you're eating, no point running for an hour if you're going to fill yourself up with junk.

ReputationRep:
    Yess right here.......first thing u gota do is to do exersise everyday min 45min of cardiovascular exersises or simply running.......here is a link that will definetly help u(www.bodybuilding.com) this is a universal site....
    secondly u gota be aware of what u eat......u have to be a vegiterian more
    than being a carnivore......believe me this really helps......before having your lunch eat a huge salad plate.......thirdly u have to drink plenty of water
    as it increases the rate of metabolism in the body which will help i burning
    the food u ate faster.............That's all GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    Pure cardio will have you looking like you just left a concentration camp, do weight training as well as regular cardio and control diet, kick out all the processed foods and eat lean clean foods instead. The pounds will shred off in all the right areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epicnerd)
    Pure cardio will have you looking like you just left a concentration camp, do weight training as well as regular cardio and control diet, kick out all the processed foods and eat lean clean foods instead. The pounds will shred off in all the right areas
    You sound like you know what you're talking about..what is weight training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by British199)

Also diet wise, just make sure you are not having extra large portions of food.
    I never have extra large portions of food anymore specific advice about diet?

ReputationRep:
    Check out some of the sticky threads here.

Do a combo of cardio and strength training. Don't be afraid to use weights, you will not end up looking like a bodybuilder. Cardio will help you lose weight and strength training will help build muscle.

What is your diet like at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna burn off fat and tone up with a lot of lean muscle, I would suggest a lot of cardio (running, cycling, swimming) mixed with a weight training regime consisting of high reps on low weights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    skinny fat??

ReputationRep:
    Don't be afraid of the weights, you wont get bulky like some girls imagine, it will give you shape as opposed to just skinny. Girls who squat = great legs.

ReputationRep:
    Basically cardio+eat healthy

ReputationRep:
    I thought you guys would know what skinny fat was:rolleyes:..basically I'm skinny but unfit (also under weight). I don't really eat much; breakfast and dinner (skip lunch most days)..and not a massive junk food muncher either.

ReputationRep:
    Cardio will get you 'fit' as in cardiac output, efficiency and respiration. It will also build enduranced based muscle.

ReputationRep:
    You are going to get a 100 answers.

This is what I did.

I lost the fat with a combination of regular cardio and weight training. I made sure the cardio was fairly intense. So stick to machines or exercises that burn calories quickly like running. Basically, cycling at low resistance is useless because it burns relatively little over a long period.

Once I lost enough fat and I wanted to get more muscle. I did cardio twice a week and weight training 4 times a week and upped the number of weight training exercises I did.

For a girl, weight training is great. Just look on youtube on doing squats and deadlifts and etc OR you could do kettle bell exercises. I haven't tried the latter.

Obviously, to lose the fat, your diet is just as important. Find out what your BMR is and work from there. Just make sure your calorie deficit isn't so big your body goes into starvation mode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*~rAiNbOw~*~)
    I thought you guys would know what skinny fat was:rolleyes:..basically I'm skinny but unfit (also under weight). I don't really eat much; breakfast and dinner (skip lunch most days)..and not a massive junk food muncher either.
    You don't understand what skinny fat means.

You are just skinny and unfit. You cannot be skinny fat and underweight.

That means you just need to eat more and go to the gym more.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    If you have to be fit and wants to looks lean then have daily workout and eat healthy and protein full meal...

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.