Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm self- learning AQA A Level Geography and saw that in paper 2 they ask questions about fieldwork that you have carried out.

Doing it by myself, I havent actually been on a Geography field trip

Anyone know where I can get hold of some written fieldwork results or some sort of material that i could base my answers on?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by english lit)
    Hey, i'm self- learning AQA A Level Geography and saw that in paper 2 they ask questions about fieldwork that you have carried out.

Doing it by myself, I havent actually been on a Geography field trip

Anyone know where I can get hold of some written fieldwork results or some sort of material that i could base my answers on?

thanks
    AQA has two options: 4a (where you have to do your own fieldwork) and 4b (where they give you a pre-prepared one)... surely you will have entered yourself for the later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyHaha)
    AQA has two options: 4a (where you have to do your own fieldwork) and 4b (where they give you a pre-prepared one)... surely you will have entered yourself for the later?
    Yeah, I've entered myself for 4B but i'm talking about paper 2 where in the second question, you have to talk about a field trip you've gone on

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've entered myself for 4B but i'm talking about paper 2 where in the second question, you have to talk about a field trip you've gone on
    4b = 'Paper 2' at A level - you shouldn't have to talk about a field trip that you've supposedly been on. The only other paper at A level is the big one with two of plate tectonics/ weather and climate/ ecosystems and two of world cities/ development and globalisation/ conflicts...

ReputationRep:
    4b = 'Paper 2' at A level - you shouldn't have to talk about a field trip that you've supposedly been on. The only other paper at A level is the big one with two of plate tectonics/ weather and climate/ ecosystems and two of world cities/ development and globalisation/ conflicts...
    WOMAN....Paper 2 of the AS Level. GEOG2- Geographical skills

ReputationRep:
    Go and do a fieldwork? as long as you link it to spec.

ReputationRep:
    that's paper 2 at A2 not A Level. A level is AS and A2 together.

ReputationRep:
    WOMAN....Paper 2 of the AS Level. GEOG2- Geographical skills
    Sorry, thought you were doing A level... there's still an equivalent option at AS... Isn't there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    that's paper 2 at A2 not A Level. A level is AS and A2 together.
    Yeah, I got confused because the OP said: I'm doing Geography A level, so I assumed that they'd be talking about the papers at A level and had already done the AS ones...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got confused because the OP said: I'm doing Geography A level, so I assumed that they'd be talking about the papers at A level and had already done the AS ones...
    did you read what I said? you are doing A2. AS + A2 = A Level

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, thought you were doing A level... there's still an equivalent option at AS... Isn't there?
    I am doing A Level Geog: AS+ A2.

Nah there isn't. it's a compulsory question with no alternatives. Have you not done AQA AS GEOG?

ReputationRep:
    Go and do a fieldwork? as long as you link it to spec.
    Don't have the time for that.. but yeah i'll have a look at the spec and see what i can come up with

Is there any textbook that has a chapter on paper 2? my book's got nothing on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waytosenses)
    I'm on the same boat as you are but i don't think you'll need fieldwork experience as it is a written paper about tested experiments from analysing maps, graphical, cartographic, ICT, statistical skills etc.
    For a2 however i'm thinking of doing some volunteering at marine/coastal conservation areas to be able to carry out some fieldwork skills.

Which options are you taking?

but the second question in paper 2 begins with "You have experienced geography fieldwork as part of the course. Use this experience to answer the following questions", then they ask you questions related to it lol

Why are you self learning Geography?

Im doing rivers, coasts, human population and health issues for AS and Plate tectonics, world cities, and Development and Globalisation for A2. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Don't have the time for that.. but yeah i'll have a look at the spec and see what i can come up with

Is there any textbook that has a chapter on paper 2? my book's got nothing on it
    make time, it's part of the course you have to do something, even if you spend a day doing the fieldwork and analysing it. I take students away for 4 days, where they have to carry out fieldwork and analyse everything, plus write their report for the end of it. they're planned it before. for AS 1 day is very doable. you have Easter do it then.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing A Level Geog: AS+ A2.

Nah there isn't. it's a compulsory question with no alternatives. Have you not done AQA AS GEOG?
    I have, and we did paper 2 last year (went to juniper hall for the fieldwork), but we chose the second option for A2 (to give us more teaching time this term for the big paper), and I assumed you could have done that at AS... it's pretty straight forward to make up if you look at all the past papers

ReputationRep:
    did you read what I said? you are doing A2. AS + A2 = A Level
    Nowhere in the original post did the OP explicitly say they were doing both AS and A level this year.

ReputationRep:
    by the fact the OP said about fieldwork you would assume it'd be 2 or 4A.

and don't make up a fieldwork, it is very obvious, seen it many times when marking scripts, they often get stuck in methods or results as something doesn't look right/explanation is very odd/weak.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.