The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Oh, well I find both units were okay and. I just tried my best.

Thank god the Energy level wasn't on which was a huge relief.

Don't worry about it too much if you have the chance to do it again in January.

All the best wishes.

Amy
Reply 2
I did this paper last year thinking the first one was easy - it is but the boundries must be incredibly high because everyone thinks its easy. So I did worse than I thought on the first paper and bettwe on the second than I thought.
Reply 3
unit 3B was ok, unit 1 was quite gud, but unit 2 was, well...not too gud
Reply 4
ahhh!!! I found unit 1 and 2 hard but 2 was definitely harder and they were really bad papers compared to previous years.I thought this was just me but hopefully the grade boundaries will be low and practical part is worth 30%-thank god.bond angles r evil!
Reply 5
I did unit 2 2day. Most of it was cool but the comprehantion at the end sucked big time. Id forgotten that we had to do that since last year. U guy doing AS wait unitl u c the synoptic and unit 4 modules, THEY R TOUGH.

Dont really care neway, im leaving skool 4 eva in 4 wks. (2 go n do chem at bristol unit, SAVE ME!!!)
Reply 6
i did both unit 1 and 2 today. This is my second round taking them cos i got a C last year and i need a better grade. I thought that they were both OK. I really hope i did well, since unit 4 and 5 is a complete MISSION!!!!!! compared to unit 4 and 5, unit 1 and 2 is childs play, so be warned!!
Reply 7
I'm doing chemistry unit 5 on wed....i find too hard...any tips.
Reply 8
Hmm, I wonder if anyone still remembers how they did and what questions were on the paper. Anyway.

I found Chem 1 managable but it did demand a lot of recall. I was surprised that they didn't put any questions relating to halogens - disproportionation, reactions and reducing power.

Chem 2 was all right, apart from the first question about the extraction of aluminium - I totally forgot what the impurities are (iron oxide and sulphur dioxide) and then the following part to it explaining why hot sodium hydroxide was added. I got a bit of credit for that, hopefully, as I wrote about the lower reactivity of the impurities and conversion to sodium aluminate (though specifically should have mentioned the large atomic structure and basic properties of the impurities whereas aluminium oxide is amphoteric).

Chem 3 was excellent I think, it was easy. I still remember the solids from the very first question - I wrote A containing sulphite ions, B containing carbonate ions and C as a metallic element. I wasn't sure about the improvements question however (the copper sulphate and iron powder one), but I said to use a weighing bottle for further accuracy.

Latest

Trending

Trending