Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Have any of you ever been a victim of betrayal from someone you trusted? During my time in school I had trusted a friend with personal info only to have this person go behind my back and tell all her friends. This left a villainous aura around me destroying my reputation.

I talked to the person expressing how I felt but I still feel angry considering I had the worst time in school due to this gossip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Have any of you ever been a victim of betrayal from someone you trusted? During my time in school I had trusted a friend with personal info only to have this person go behind my back and tell all her friends. This left a villainous aura around me destroying my reputation.

I talked to the person expressing how I felt but I still feel angry considering I had the worst time in school due to this gossip.
    You learnt a valuable lesson. You learnt the true value of the friendship. Someone once said 'anger is like holding on to a piece of hot coal with the intention of throwing it at someone else...in the end it's you who gets burned.' The past can't be changed, you need to let go of it and stop carrying this negative experience with you. I know it's not easy but you have the choice of accepting it and moving on or you can continue living in the past and letting it make you feel bad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.