Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just want to confirm something about my offers. So far I have one A* and am finishing off a further 3 A levels this summer.

Offer 1) AAA
    Offer 2) A*AAA
    Offer 3) A*AA
    Offer 4) AAA
    Offer 5) AAB

I am definitely firming Offer 3.

Does this mean that I must choose Offer 5 as my backup? My logic is that Offer 2 is harder than Offer 3 (which I'm choosing) and so I won't be picking that and the remaining grades required are identical for all (AA) apart from Offer 5 (AB).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamGull1ver)
    Just want to confirm something about my offers. So far I have one A* and am finishing off a further 3 A levels this summer.

Offer 1) AAA
    Offer 2) A*AAA
    Offer 3) A*AA
    Offer 4) AAA
    Offer 5) AAB

I am definitely firming Offer 3.

Does this mean that I must choose Offer 5 as my backup? My logic is that Offer 2 is harder than Offer 3 (which I'm choosing) and so I won't be picking that and the remaining grades required are identical for all (AA) apart from Offer 5 (AB).
    If you're definitely firming 3, it follows that you should insure Offer 1, 4 or 5 as they're all lower than the third offer. That it how it makes more sense to do things, for me.

However, you CAN choose to insure a higher offer. So, if you decide to insure offer 2, and you meet those requirements, you can ask offer 3 to release you, so that you'll automatically go to your insured place (offer 2)

ReputationRep:
    Go with your favourite choice for Firm and a *realistic* insurance.

Choosing a higher Insurance is very risky - a poor set of results and you've got no University place at all.

ReputationRep:
    I think the point here is that the OP has an A* already and so all the offers requite a further 2/3 As apart from 5 which requires AB. This means that if the grades for offer 3 aren't met, offer 5 is the only possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    There is really good advice on this issue here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices

Worth a careful read.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.