Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.

This is going to sound really silly but here goes. I've got a place at Bournemouth for September and have applies for Corfe House student accommodation- all good BUT I want to take my car to uni with me (home is 400 miles away and would be a bit of a mission without it)

I understand the uni are quite strict on students having cars but wondered if anyone had any ideas, where i could park it etc?? I'd rather have it in Poole near the halls but ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ReputationRep:
    How often do you think you'll be going home? Surely if you get a student rail card and book early it will be much cheaper than fuel for 400 miles. I've asked about this as i need my car for placements. There is no parking available to students. I'm just planning on parking in a residential area for free. Must be some about.

ReputationRep:
    There's some student car parking at Corfe House but it's limited and if you can get it, you'll probably have to pay for it - another cost on top of petrol. Don't assume that it will be available to you, as those who meet official eligibility criteria will be given priority. You won't be able to park on the Talbot Campus - no student car parking there unless you have specific needs such as childcare, disability or living more than seven miles away.

Residential areas around the Talbot Campus are designated no parking zones, to prevent students using the roads as overflow parking. The nearest roads you could use for parking are so far away, that it's more convenient to use the subsidised bus service. The Lansdowne Campus is in an area of offices and shops, so there are public car parks you can use if you can afford them.

http://studentportal.bournemouth.ac....t/parking.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.