Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Most negged post on TSR? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    Yeah, this one. Absolute genius. :rofl:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0 post32543300
    God, hilarious.

ISA's one was ****ing funny as well. I hope the two posts are never deleted, remaining as inspiration to us all. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, this one. Absolute genius. :rofl:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0 post32543300
    This one beats it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1837643

ReputationRep:
    I thought the most negged was one I saw a while back asking "how do I get lots of positive rep?"

Obviously once the first 10 negs had fallen it was downhill from there, I think it was around 300 when I stopped looking. That 700 neg one is crazy though :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    He meant that your application of logic wasn't, well, logical. Someone having the highest rep wouldn't indicate they had the single most popular post.
    Yeah I know but I said by logic it would be AGI but I said 'Since ISA is the member with the lowest rep and most negged post I would assume by logic that Ape Gone Insane would be the record holder'

But I was meant to say 'Since ISA is the member with the lowest rep and most negged post I would assume by that logic Ape Gone Insane would be the record holder'

The original sounded like it was saying that my thought process was logical, but on the second it was corrected so it doesn't say that I thought it was logical. It was more of an assumption.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see the pics

ReputationRep:
    That's probably the highest.
    TotoMimo probably has the highest number of 3 figure reps for his threads.

ReputationRep:
    But I don't get why that particular post got so many negs, sure she comes off as arrogant and the 'I'm too saddened to speak' is ridiculous, but to be fair, she's not that wrong, I would find it strange if someone turned down the chance to study at one of the best universities in the world because of that and I've seen ISA post far far worse in the past.

ReputationRep:
    It's always the Islam threads that get the silent neggers crawling out of the woodwork. I've seen threads with less than 10 posts where the OP has about 50 negs.

ReputationRep:
    it also looks like anyone who said "well done" got rep back. lame

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but she's quite popular around this site. My one's better because it isn't nearly as biased.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    But I don't get why that particular post got so many negs, sure she comes off as arrogant and the 'I'm too saddened to speak' is ridiculous, but to be fair, she's not that wrong, I would find it strange if someone turned down the chance to study at one of the best universities in the world because of that and I've seen ISA post far far worse in the past.
    That's quite a hefty thread, so probably got more views than some of her other work (I look at her work as either post Oxbridge obsession or pre spectacular insecurities ) and the worst bit comes right at the end, just when people might decide to neg it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I remember that post, knew you were gonna send me to that one.

It's because it's ISA and she's been a ****, 2 years ago in her prime she was an annoying ****er. She isn't around as much anymore though :sad:
    She is actually still around, but posts stuff about her thinking she's ugly, boys always going for the "hot" girls etc...

ReputationRep:
    How does 1 get 1000 warning points like TS?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but she's quite popular around this site. My one's better because it isn't nearly as biased.
    The question wasn't which one was "better" based on how popular someone was though, it was just how many thumbs up a post had. :rolleyes:

Both the massively positive and negative ones are in a large part down to bandwagon effect. And I suspect there may be some organisation involved in some cases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Yeah I know but I said by logic it would be AGI but I said 'Since ISA is the member with the lowest rep and most negged post I would assume by logic that Ape Gone Insane would be the record holder'

But I was meant to say 'Since ISA is the member with the lowest rep and most negged post I would assume by that logic Ape Gone Insane would be the record holder'

The original sounded like it was saying that my thought process was logical, but on the second it was corrected so it doesn't say that I thought it was logical. It was more of an assumption.
    Not entirely sure that we should really debate this lol, but "by that logic" still implies that you are applying logic to reach a conclusion. In this case, the logic is clearly flawed, hence why the other user posted. I can see what you meant though, just isn't really what you said in either case

ReputationRep:
    This thread is pointless now! Btw nice to see some of those trolls on the first page are gone for good.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.