Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i just dont know how i am supposed to do all of this!!

i have 9 exams in summer... 9.... and i need to get AAB for the uni i really want to go to...

my first 2 are on may 13th... my last one is june 19th...

i just... don't have enough time...

HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    stop posting on TSR and go revise right now then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    stop posting on TSR and go revise right now then.
    i have been. i got up at 10am today (been unwell) n been working till 10pm... and then freaked out...

yesterday i revised 10am, got to sleep at 3am....

ReputationRep:
    AAB isn't too hard for you.

You can't be that stupid if you were accepted onto a course for those grades, so just do some work and get the grades....

What I mean is that if you're accepted onto an AAB course, then with some work you can get AAB. You're smart enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megfashion)

i have 9 exams in summer... 9.... and i need to get AAB for the uni i really want to go to...

HELP!!!
    Hey. I have 10 papers which 4 are resits. We're on the same boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having a good night's sleep might help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeansnkmk)
    Hey. I have 10 papers which 4 are resits. We're on the same boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yer... i got BBCD in AS, thats nowhere near what i need... and then my jan results were abismal (hence resitting)

im resitting the WHOLE of psychology too...

ugh!!

ReputationRep:
    yer... i got BBCD in AS, thats nowhere near what i need... and then my jan results were abismal (hence resitting)

im resitting the WHOLE of psychology too...

ugh!!
    What are your subjects and what board of exam are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Season One)
    Having a good night's sleep might help
    yer... sadly i have insomnia... i try and sleep as much as possible though... but then i wake up and just think thats a few hours wasted now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeansnkmk)
    What are your subjects and what board of exam are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Music - OCR B (doing as and a2 exam)
    English - wjec (a2 exam)
    psychology - AQA A (all 4.... although i got 2 marks off a B in psya1, i know where i went wrong for that)
    Media - WJEC (as and a2 exam... i may not end up doing the a2 exam. was meant to get an A but got a U in the exam, so teachers think theres been a mistake... not trying to sound arrogant, this was the only one i was confident in)

ReputationRep:
    yer... sadly i have insomnia... i try and sleep as much as possible though... but then i wake up and just think thats a few hours wasted now...
    fair enough haha Well hopefully it will all be worth it in the long run

ReputationRep:
    Basic business studies will tell you something about efficiency. When you're working beyond a certain point, you're not going to be as efficient, and your overall output will actually be lower than if you worked less hours.

ReputationRep:
    You can do it!! Pressure is the best motive for revision, trust me I know. This pressure will push you to work your best! Take a deep breath, and organise a revision plan. You'll do it

ReputationRep:
    fair enough haha Well hopefully it will all be worth it in the long run
    hopefully i just cant fit everything in it seems! among with all this i have coursework to hand in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraWarah)
    I have reported your post for offensiveness. Please refrain from such rudeness in the future, would you?

If you are perhaps jealous of my achievements, I would be happy to give advice on how to get half-decent grades!
    My life goes on. And i'm perfectly happy with my grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    You can do it!! Pressure is the best motive for revision, trust me I know. This pressure will push you to work your best! Take a deep breath, and organise a revision plan. You'll do it
    Revision plans are pretty useless. Just work when you feel like it and be sensible about it. That's how I get my straight A/A* grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraWarah)
    Just stating the truth. If you get accepted onto an AAB course, you're most likely capable of achieving those grades. Do some work, then, and you'll get them. Stop crying on TSR about it.

It's also insensitive to mock other people with your low offers - how do you think us who are aiming for good courses would feel if we weren't intelligent enough to do some work to achieve our A*A*A*A-A*A*AA?
    Please stop boasting about your grades, everyone has their own personal goals. It doesn't mean that they have to work any less to achieve them.

ReputationRep:
    My life goes on. And i'm perfectly happy with my grades.
    Of course your life goes on. Why wouldn't it? Anything to the contrary would imply that my reporting of your post resulted in some sort of long-distance manslaughter, which is absurd.

Did you achieve straight A*s at GCSE and 100% at AS/A2-level? If not, why would you be happy with your grades? I say that there's always room for improvement, and there's no shame in asking us high achievers for some help

ReputationRep:
    Music - OCR B (doing as and a2 exam)
    English - wjec (a2 exam)
    psychology - AQA A (all 4.... although i got 2 marks off a B in psya1, i know where i went wrong for that)
    Media - WJEC (as and a2 exam... i may not end up doing the a2 exam. was meant to get an A but got a U in the exam, so teachers think theres been a mistake... not trying to sound arrogant, this was the only one i was confident in)
    Im doing all cie. It drives me crazy. But i understand your situation. Just study hard but when you can't breath and what you're studying doesn't make sense, take 5 minutes off. It helps fr me. Sometimes studying for longer hours doesn't mean you are studying more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

HELP!!!
    Ok, read and follow these steps:

1) Shut up and calm the **** down.
    2) Create a proper revision timetable, short working periods of around 40 minutes with a break between each one, and don't overload in a day. You don't need to be doing 12 hours work, aim for at most 10 sessions a day, that will give you just shy of 7 hours revision.
    3) Get into a proper routine, go to bed early, get a full nights sleep, and aim to start revision at the same time each day.
    4) Find a revision method that works for you. It's no good just sitting and reading through papers if you don't learn that way, you need to find a way that works properly for you. Personally I first go through and rewrite all of my notes in a more compressed form, then I do a few past papers using my notes when I need them, and then I do a few more papers without using my notes. I then go back over the papers, see where I've made mistakes, and go over the relevant sections in the notes.

Revision isn't a complicated process, you just need to stay calm, find a method that works for you, and use your time efficiently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.