Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieblairxx)
    In my coursework i got 23/25 and then for the other one 14/15, so 37/40. What would I have needed on each exam paper out of 30? I'm freaking out as the exam I just took went awfully!
    You'd need 50/60, so 25/30 per question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmax1234)
    I believe the spreadsheet you uploaded is inaccurate. I don't wanna believe that I need 53 marks for an A ((
    For about half of the possible coursework marks, there's a rounding error so the boundary for the exam given in the sheet is 1 lower or higher than the actual boundary (I fix the boundaries I reply back to people if it's affected) but it's too much effort to fix it the entire spreadsheet and the january 2013 boundaries were 1 mark lower anyway - it's just a rough guide seeing as we won't know the real boundaries till August - as a Physicist I would say it's within the margin of error (the real boundaries are most probably going to be last years boundaries ±1) , so scientifically speaking it's 'accurate'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizy)
    I found it hard and terrible....wasn't expecting the second coming
    Neither and I didn't really focus on how the world was changing, i more just talked of how it had changed. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil Dunphy)
    Got 28/40 on my c/w. hope to get a c or b, What do i need ?
    A: 57/60 (still possible)

B: 48/60

C: 38/60

ReputationRep:
    Could you take a look at my points for Yeats? So worried my points were bad... Didn't revise Second coming
    Points on page 17
    Yeah they look good, although the Maud Gonne point maybe looks a bit tenuous and examiners might have thought that you just put it in because you couldn't think of anything else and know that Yeats made lots of poems about Maud Gonne. Did you make any points about verse form? If you did it's really good for getting A02 marks

ReputationRep:
    I got 39/40 on the coursework, what do i need on the exam to get an A? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambitious :))
    i got 31/40 what would i need please?? :d :d
    a: 55/60

b: 46/60

c: 36/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallD)
    Yeah they look good, although the Maud Gonne point maybe looks a bit tenuous and examiners might have thought that you just put it in because you couldn't think of anything else and know that Yeats made lots of poems about Maud Gonne. Did you make any points about verse form? If you did it's really good for getting A02 marks
    I said how stanza 1 is 8 lines and stanza 2 is 14 lines and this might be because Yeats allegedly proposed to Gonne on the 18 August 1917 (lie)

Verse form? Not much just about the stanza. Didn't realise it is in iambic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizy)
    I found it hard and terrible....wasn't expecting the second coming
    I found it hard but gave it a stab, I only had time to briefly check Yeats and Frankenstein, would you lose any marks for spelling or punctuation errors?
    Also how many pages did people write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omar333)
    i got 39/40 on the coursework, what do i need on the exam to get an a? Thanks.
    a: 46/60

b: 36/60

c: 26/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMBITIOUS :))
    I found it hard but gave it a stab, I only had time to briefly check Yeats and Frankenstein, would you lose any marks for spelling or punctuation errors?
    Frankenstein: 5, Yeats: just over 4 sides.
    I definitely wrote too much, I felt like I was rambling on for Frankenstein (I answered b, it's difficult to get a concise argument for 'Discuss' questions), and I had about 20 seconds to check my work

Last year someone in my school got full marks in the exam and according to my english teacher their spelling was 'horrid', I don't think they really care (literature not language) unless it becomes difficult to read, which would then affect communication and fluency... or if you misspell something really trivial like the title of the book, or chthonic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piguy)
    You'd need 50/60, so 25/30 per question
    Okay thank you! unlikely that i got that mark however
    Does anyone know what the marking for the exam is like? Are they really pedantic with slight spelling/punctuation mistakes and structure or do they care mainly on the content?X

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, first comment on here...If I got 35/40 on the cw, what would I need for a n A, B or C? I did the Browning poem (bit tricky) and the first question on Dorian Gray (bit tricky).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMBITIOUS :))
    12...12 pages of utter ****, did not see the second coming coming

ReputationRep:
    hahaha that made me lol neither did i :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryfabian)
    hey guys, first comment on here...if i got 35/40 on the cw, what would i need for a n a, b or c? I did the browning poem (bit tricky) and the first question on dorian gray (bit tricky).
    a: 53/60

b: 42/60

c: 33/60

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually really annoyed off at OCR for their Frankenstein questions - the real exam questions were so dull.. just 'discuss doubles', or 'do you agree frankenstein is a arrogant sexist *******' (duh?), I was hoping for a question that was a little more probing and required more new original thoughts. My 8 year old brother could come up of with better questions (is Frankenstein that crazy scientist?)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I did frankenstein. About the doubles. I mentioned alot and think I got a bit carried away. Will I do ok?? Poetry was yeats and it went well. I did mention alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 95student)
    Hi I did frankenstein. About the doubles. I mentioned alot and think I got a bit carried away. Will I do ok?? Poetry was yeats and it went well. I did mention alot
    What do you think of my Yeats points (page 17) - worried I ****ed that up! Revised every poem apart from the Second Coming and two others

ReputationRep:
    12? :eek: How can you write that much in such a short time I wrote about 3 for Yeats and 4 for Frankenstein and that was loads for me considering the time

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.