Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

im considering firming my offer for physics at UCL after not getting an offer from cam. I ld like to have an astrophysics career, probably going on for a PhD to the US later on. I ve been to a few campuses/departments and i ve got the best feeling from UCL plus london sure is exciting, after all undergrad courses are not all that different so the above should count in the decision.Correct me if i am wrong. I would like to hear more from current students and how/if they are liking how the department is running (lectures, proffs, tutorials etc)

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterPan11)
    Hey,

im considering firming my offer for physics at UCL after not getting an offer from cam. I ld like to have an astrophysics career, probably going on for a PhD to the US later on. I ve been to a few campuses/departments and i ve got the best feeling from UCL plus london sure is exciting, after all undergrad courses are not all that different so the above should count in the decision.Correct me if i am wrong. I would like to hear more from current students and how/if they are liking how the department is running (lectures, proffs, tutorials etc)

Thanks a lot!
    Hi there, I've just finished my Physics (MSci.) degree at UCL last year and would thoroughly recommend coming here! Astro students have the same core physics units as the pure physics students, but their practical physics modules become more centered around astronomy and with some trips to the University of London Observatory (http://www.ulo.ucl.ac.uk/). In terms of research, many astro lecturers work in the Mullard Space Science Laboratory (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/mssl) which might interest you in terms of some of the research you could be involved in in the future.

I've found that most lecturers are really approachable and willing to help you outside of lectures if you have any problems. Tutorials were decent and my tutors were generally helpful. There are also some problem classes to help you understand certain modules (usually math ones) better through problem based learning. Lecturers varied, as they would at any uni: some are amazing and some weren't as good. Generally they were decent.

Also, going to university in London is an awesome experience! Especially if you don't live here! I've lived here all my life and I still saw a completely different side to it at uni.

Hope this helps!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.