Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am waiting to hear my decision off University of Glamorgan. I was wondering if any one has heard any decisions off this university for the branch I applied for as well as other branches. I am curious of others views/opinions . I had my interview 28th January 2013, waiting in anticipation for their decision.

ReputationRep:
    Hi ther I had my interview in Feb , my freind has had an offer for childrens nursing yesterday, I called the uni today and they said everyone will know by tomoz so not long to wait now!!Think ive checked UCAS 1oo times today lol!!Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Hi had my offer for Mental health today sept 13 intake, hope you get good news soon

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies Well done on your offer and I'm so nervous, put loads of preparation in for my interview but found it really formal. Fingers crossed! Would have to re-apply for March intake if I don't get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerysrees)
    Hi ther I had my interview in Feb , my freind has had an offer for childrens nursing yesterday, I called the uni today and they said everyone will know by tomoz so not long to wait now!!Think ive checked UCAS 1oo times today lol!!Good luck x
    I spoke to a member of admissions today and they said I may know in the next couple of weeks their decision .

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. I'm waiting for an offer from glamorgan for mental health nursing, they said in my interview I should hear by the end of the month, and when I went back to hand in some certificates I was told I should hear by the 28th.
    It's a bank holiday weekend starting Friday and I can't wait much longer either.
    Did they say anything else? Like why it might take longer again? I'm trying to avoid pestering them on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    The Mental Health Nursing team have offered the places for September 2013 and March 2014. They are currently holding your application in reserve. Please note that reserves are not held in any order. Under UCAS rules we can hold your application until 9thMay, but after this UCAS will automatically reject by default. Please let us know if you do not want your application held. Just had this email now !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crichton)
    Oh wow. I'm waiting for an offer from glamorgan for mental health nursing, they said in my interview I should hear by the end of the month, and when I went back to hand in some certificates I was told I should hear by the 28th.
    It's a bank holiday weekend starting Friday and I can't wait much longer either.
    Did they say anything else? Like why it might take longer again? I'm trying to avoid pestering them on the phone.
    It said on the email I recently have had that they have made all their offers for the September 2013 and March 2014 intake.

ReputationRep:
    I just had this email too.
    I guess we have to contact them to call them on the 8th May and see if any places are available.
    From the ucas website
    8 May 2013 - If we receive all decisions from your universities/colleges by 31 March, you need to reply to any offers by this date (unless you are applying through Extra). If we don't receive your replies, we will decline your offers on your behalf.
    9 May 2013 - If you applied by 15 January and are waiting for decisions, universities and colleges need to send us their decisions by this date. If they don't, we will make any outstanding choices unsuccessful on their behalf.

I think we'll have to call them on the 8th May to see if any places have become available, and UCAS will automatically make our appliation unsuccessful on the 9th. I don't think UCAS will decline other offers on the 8th because Glamorgan hasn't made a decision on UCAS.
    Have you got any other offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crichton)
    I just had this email too.
    I guess we have to contact them to call them on the 8th May and see if any places are available.
    From the ucas website
    I think we'll have to call them on the 8th May to see if any places have become available, and UCAS will automatically make our appliation unsuccessful on the 9th. I don't think UCAS will decline other offers on the 8th because Glamorgan hasn't made a decision on UCAS.
    Have you got any other offers?
    I only applied to Cardiff and Glamorgan. I didn't get past numeracy assessment for Cardiff, maths not my strong point. I did hope my volunteer work in both a residential home and a community day drop in centre would go in my favor with increasing my chances as I have gained experience working with those with mental health problems, but I haven't had actual occupational experience in this field due to my age. I assume that Glamorgan can email us an offer during the time period up to the 9th May but places may still become available even after our applications are taken off UCAS as the deadlines for those with offers exceed the UCAS date, which when off the system I expect you can ring Glamorgan to check if any new spaces come available. I assume there was less places this year perhaps due to cuts made with funding. I am going to ring next week to find out more about this system/ the process that will take place.

ReputationRep:
    Helo there still trying to figure out how to work this thing!! I keep having e mails telling me Ive had new thread but cant find them on here!!...Anyway Ive been offered a place for March 14 intake so im pleased with that!! Anyone else starting Mental Health Nursing next March??Not sure if this msg is only going to you or can anyone else see it!! : 0 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerysrees)
    Helo there still trying to figure out how to work this thing!! I keep having e mails telling me Ive had new thread but cant find them on here!!...Anyway Ive been offered a place for March 14 intake so im pleased with that!! Anyone else starting Mental Health Nursing next March??Not sure if this msg is only going to you or can anyone else see it!! : 0 )
    I have been offered a place for the march 14 intake for mental health nursing at Glamorgan. Leave me a message on my profile so we can talk :-).

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.