Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    This particular lecturer did not mention whether he minds receiving emails with answers of past exam papers (essay type). Of course, I would not write a whole essay, but maybe 3 short paragraphs explaining how I would answer a question. Anyone did that before? any suggestions, comments?

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't, because he's a lecturer, not a teacher

ReputationRep:
    Email them to ask about what support they can personally offer. Some lecturers may be okay with helping you out via email, some won't help at all. For others, they might prefer to meet you in person to sit down and go over the work.

Ideally though, it would go through your tutor for that class (if one is available) or any help groups for that class. Generally they're the first to help, but I have seen many lecturers and professors sitting down with students to chat about things like this.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, but that's me. It's not in their interest to look at it, and, if they haven't offered to help everyone out, they're not going to give just one person feedback. That's not fair.

You can send it, but don't expect them to look at it.

ReputationRep:
    Ask the lecturer what they prefer. Some may happy to deal with such things by email others during their regular office hours. The lecturers I have dealt with have generally been happy to give feedback on a one to one basis. Check also if there are scheduled revision sessions, if there are they may cover selected past questions. The better you are prepared for these revision sessions the more you get out of it.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.