Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Paul Sturrock sacked at Southend but will lead the team out at Wembley Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This whole thing is bizarre, Southend have sacked Paul Sturrock but have confirmed he will be back to manage the team in the JP Trophy final, never known anything like this before. Looks like Phil Brown will be the permanent manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21918727

ReputationRep:
    I'd play a **** ton of youth lads. If he wins, shows he's a good manager. Loses - fingers up to the chairman.

ReputationRep:
    So bizarre. I was reading about it yesterday.

I guess they just wanted rid of him, but felt he deserved the cup final?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by scriggy)
    So bizarre. I was reading about it yesterday.

I guess they just wanted rid of him, but felt he deserved the cup final?
    Sounds like it, I mean they have fallen away from the play offs with some bad results but still seems very strange.

ReputationRep:
    No way Phil Browns ego is going to allow this

ReputationRep:
    No way! That's just beyond ordinary

ReputationRep:
    This is great, had to Google it as didn't believe this was real :rofl3:

Will he be wearing Phil Brown's headset? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Totally undermines Phil Brown straight away if he wins it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    This is great, had to Google it as didn't believe this was real :rofl3:

Will he be wearing Phil Brown's headset? :holmes:
    LOL!

Now, that would be a sight! Sturrock with the headset, pitch side at Wembley!

BTW, did Phil Brown dust the headset off and bring it out after he left Hull? I don't think he did, did he?

But on-topic, Brown seemed to give the impression that he wasn't too chuffed about it and it'd be sorted. It's nice of the chairman to show some sentimentality to the man who got them to the final but the gesture just smacks of: "Sorry, I had to sack you Paul but oh btw, you can manage the team at Wembley as consolation!".

ReputationRep:
    The peckham spring of football is back

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the build-up, stick the youth team on and just walk out of the ground at half time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    This whole thing is bizarre, Southend have sacked Paul Sturrock but have confirmed he will be back to manage the team in the JP Trophy final, never known anything like this before. Looks like Phil Brown will be the permanent manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21918727
    It was reported recently that Sturrock will no longer lead the team out to Wembley apparently, that genuinely diffused the bizzareness and ambuigity that the Southend board has caused. Phil Brown will indeed take charge, but I don't generally understand why he was sacked, they are underperforming in the league but he's been able to mastermind a young high potential team
    to a Wembley final. :confused: but putting after the manager embargo, it should be a entertaining final, Crewe won at Wembley in the play off's last year so they'll be there again. The JP doesn't get the credit it deserves though, it's a good tournament but just a weird system format with all the byes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    It was reported recently that Sturrock will no longer lead the team out to Wembley apparently, that genuinely diffused the bizzareness and ambuigity that the Southend board has caused. Phil Brown will indeed take charge, but I don't generally understand why he was sacked, they are underperforming in the league but he's been able to mastermind a young high potential team
    to a Wembley final. :confused: but putting after the manager embargo, it should be a entertaining final, Crewe won at Wembley in the play off's last year so they'll be there again. The JP doesn't get the credit it deserves though, it's a good tournament but just a weird system format with all the byes.
    Well there was no way it was going to work him leading the team out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 31, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.