The Student Room Group

C1 Questions in C2 exam

I was just wondering what kind of C1 knowledge OCR would expect us to know for the C2 exam. On the specification it says they assume all C1 knowledge is remembered.

Some parts are obvious - I'd assume you'll need to know how to solve equations, inequalities, simultaneous equations, disguised quadratics etc.

But to that extent would they expect you to know the C1 module? Would they give you a circle and ask you to find its equation in order to something with that equation, for example?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Algebra (indices mainly), Complete the Square, Differentiation, Integration. simultaneous equations... a lot of the fundamentals from C1 then applied to trig topics etc
Reply 2
Ah ok. Thanks. :smile:

I expected that the 'fundamentals', as you put it, would come up, since they're essential to Maths.

Would they ask you to draw graphs (other than sine, cos and tan) using y-y1=m(x-x1), for instance?
And, would they expect you to know certain graphs like y=sqrtx etc?

It's basically the Coordinate Geometry and Graphs part of the C1 specification I'm curious about. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Konflict
Ah ok. Thanks. :smile:

I expected that the 'fundamentals', as you put it, would come up, since they're essential to Maths.

Would they ask you to draw graphs (other than sine, cos and tan) using y-y1=m(x-x1), for instance?
And, would they expect you to know certain graphs like y=sqrtx etc?

It's basically the Coordinate Geometry and Graphs part of the C1 specification I'm curious about. :tongue:
You will use coordinate geometry in C2, for circles, I doubt you'll use it for trig. But yes for graphs you can apply similar things from c1 to trig graphs, though they do not relate that much
Reply 4
Thanks! Greatly appreciated. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending