Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling to meet girls at the moment. Where's the best place to meet girls/people? Watch

I am struggling to meet girls and I'm not quite sure where to go to meet them. If I was to join some clubs/classes, which kind of classes would you suggest?

I am not in education at the moment, but I'm looking at possibly going back to education in September.

Are gym classes good?
    short courses at local College?

They're the only 2 places I can think of. I currently work with all guys on a building site, so I am not meeting any girls there lol.

Your help would be much appreciated, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hang around your local STI clinic and wait for a happy looking girl to walk out then make your move.

ReputationRep:
    better be quick, it's almost exam season.

...but meeting girls at a gym doesn't seem weird to me- unless you turn up for bums and tums actually looking for girls. go often enough at similar times and you'll probably find people you get on with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bars?

ReputationRep:
    supermarkets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSeeber1)
    Hang around your local STI clinic and wait for a happy looking girl to walk out then make your move.
    Made me chuckle

OP - What about meeting girls online?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

(Original post by Aries1992)
    Made me chuckle

OP - What about meeting girls online?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I haven't thought about online dating. I just assumed that all the girls on there are most likely egotists. Which, if the case, is something I am not interested in dealing with.

I don't know if that's true for all the girls, but it's something I've heard from people who have used dating sites.

Do you suggest that then?

To be honest, most people my age or younger will meet people in education or the work place. I work but, like I said, it's with a bunch of guys. As for the education part, I'm trying to get a place on an Access course at a local college. Maybe there will be girls my age on that, but knowing my luck, it'll be a bunch of married, middle aged people lol.

(Original post by LSeeber1)
    Lol, I've heard that before. I think Lee Mack said the same thing lol. That might be a choice if I have to start scraping the barrel

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you like in a girl. If you like academic types, try bookstores and the library. Sporty? Try the gym. You can also join clubs and things so that you know they'll have similar interests to you. Or you could take a cooking class or something so that you're learning while meeting someone. Also just going for walks can give you the opportunity to bump into someone. It's really not hard to meet girls. They're everywhere.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.