Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really skinny and want to bulk up... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm an ultra skinny female, which is how I've been my whole life. Recently I've bulked out a bit, but my arms are stilk really thin and I tend to get really conscious about them as I feel like people are looking and talking. I'm just wondering what I could do to tone up a bit so they look more of a decent size. I've considered the gym, would this be a bad call?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your best bet is to increase your calorie intake but without turning to junk food. Eat foods high in carbs and protein, then if you are going to go to the gym focus on weights and muscle toning rather than cardio

ReputationRep:
    Why not junk food? Its great for bulking!

ReputationRep:
    Lift weights and eat good food. Doesn't have to be complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelcichuta)
    Your best bet is to increase your calorie intake but without turning to junk food. Eat foods high in carbs and protein, then if you are going to go to the gym focus on weights and muscle toning rather than cardio
    Excellent advice

Just clean up your diet and work some weight exercises into your routine.

You don't necessarily need a gym but it does help I guess, you can do alot with bodyweight exercises

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My arms are stocky from pole dancing, maybe find a pole fitness class in your area?it's great fun too.
    Good advice already-just be careful to stay healthy if you're going to try eating more

ReputationRep:
    Oh how I wish I had this problem

ReputationRep:
    Do some arms exercise like lifting weight and eat healthy food but it will take time to recover and now you have to believe that you are fantastic whatever you are, never feel my arms are thin etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all so much, you've really come up with some great ideas and also made me realise I should have confidence in myself anyway :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.