Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GF says relationship doesnt make her happy. Should I break up? Watch

So I could write a long wall of text, but like in any relationship that leads up to this point, a bunch of stuff has gone down.

I dont think the relationship is in peril, I think my girflriend is just over reacting and over analyzing everything. So easter is here and we are apart from uni and each other. I ask her, as we did not leave each other for the easter break on good terms, if we can meet in london or something, visit the zoo or aquarium, etc. She says no, she has work to do.. I try and tell her its one day, she is having none of it, but insists we sort our issues out without seeing each other (apparently she see's me and forgives me on looks etc).

I call her to try and sort things out, and eventually she tells me that she thinks the relationship is not making her happy anymore.

I dont know if I should break up with her to give her a shot of happiness? I told her on the spot that I still want to be with her, but I we need to see each other. She just hung up.

I dont know if she wants to break up, or if she is playing a game and testing me? Either way, its annoying and she does this every time we have exams. I think she just gets stressed out and takes it out on the relationship, and has done so for the last 2 years. I tell her this, just not sure how much more I can take.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I could write a long wall of text, but like in any relationship that leads up to this point, a bunch of stuff has gone down.

I dont think the relationship is in peril, I think my girflriend is just over reacting and over analyzing everything. So easter is here and we are apart from uni and each other. I ask her, as we did not leave each other for the easter break on good terms, if we can meet in london or something, visit the zoo or aquarium, etc. She says no, she has work to do.. I try and tell her its one day, she is having none of it, but insists we sort our issues out without seeing each other (apparently she see's me and forgives me on looks etc).

I call her to try and sort things out, and eventually she tells me that she thinks the relationship is not making her happy anymore.

I dont know if I should break up with her to give her a shot of happiness? I told her on the spot that I still want to be with her, but I we need to see each other. She just hung up.

I dont know if she wants to break up, or if she is playing a game and testing me? Either way, its annoying and she does this every time we have exams. I think she just gets stressed out and takes it out on the relationship, and has done so for the last 2 years. I tell her this, just not sure how much more I can take.
    Sounds as if she may not know what she really wants, but that's not good if she feels the relationship isn't making her happy, maybe try and find out why she is unhappy etc should that fail then yeah maybe you both need to break up.

ReputationRep:
    if the relationship isnt making her happy then you need to find out what it takes to make her happy - and if you can do it. If not then you may have to accept the relationship is over

ReputationRep:
    I think you should stick with it, make her even more miserable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Sounds like she can't bear to break up with you but wants to, so she's trying to make you do it so she doesn't feel guilty. People need to be responsible for their own actions - just reiterate how you want to be with her and let her break up with you if she wants to.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. If she thinks its not working then dragging it out is just going to make everything worse. That is if there's no way to fix it of course.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.