Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I posted this in a different sub-forum as I didn't realise there was one dedicated to the OU (easy to see I'm a newbie, then, ha), and hopefully I'm more likely to get a response in this sub-forum!

I'm in the process of applying registering for two new modules towards my BA with the OU. Last time, I was entitled to financial support, and my income has not changed greatly since then (and I'm personally under the earning cap to receive aid), however my living arrangements have.
    Previously, I was still living at home with my parents, so only my income was contributing to household income, and it was made clear in the information that I didn't need to include the income of my parents. However I'm now living with two friends, but they are literally only housemates (ie I'm not in relationships with either of them, we don't pool our incomes or support each other financially aside from splitting rent and utility bills).

So, long story short, do I need to declare the income of my housemates too when applying, or just my own?

If it's against the rules of TSR to re-post this, I apologise, I couldn't figure out how to delete the last thread I started in a different sub-forum.
    Ta in advance to anyone that can help (:

ReputationRep:
    its upto you if you really want money then just dclare your income hun

ReputationRep:
    No you will not need to declare your housemates income as it is not part of your threshold allowance.

Good Luck with your modules!

ReputationRep:
    To me (though I don't have any detailed knowledge of this) 'household' generally means a group of people connected by more than just living in the same building - I wouldn't describe a housemate as being part of my household as there isn't any financial connection there; any commitment between us. Their money isn't available to me to spend, after all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.