Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shybrowngirl)
    66 ums
    I would say that retaking both unit 1 and 3 would take the pressure off unit 4. How confident are you feeling for unit4?

ReputationRep:
    My school won't allow me to resist my PSYA2 but they said I can resist PSYA1 and PSYA3
    Out of interest why won't they let you resit PSYA2? Surely it would be easier to increase say a D to a B than 82 to 90+? (Although having said that if you did manage to retake PSYA3 and get 90+ you might be on track for an A* so maybe that's why).

I'd also definitely recommend retaking PSYA1, in fact I think you might need at least one of your current 3 to go up to get the A overall, and this is probably easiest with PSYA1. If you could get a few more ums from another one this would take more pressure off as well as cpdavis said, as it's quite a lot of pressure to need 92ish ums on both PSYA1 and PSYA4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I would say that retaking both unit 1 and 3 would take the pressure off unit 4. How confident are you feeling for unit4?

(Original post by Flippin-Mad)
    Out of interest why won't they let you resit PSYA2? Surely it would be easier to increase say a D to a B than 82 to 90+? (Although having said that if you did manage to retake PSYA3 and get 90+ you might be on track for an A* so maybe that's why).

I'd also definitely recommend retaking PSYA1, in fact I think you might need at least one of your current 3 to go up to get the A overall, and this is probably easiest with PSYA1. If you could get a few more ums from another one this would take more pressure off as well as cpdavis said, as it's quite a lot of pressure to need 92ish ums on both PSYA1 and PSYA4
    Thank you so much for helping me out

I'm good at essays but I can't do the small questions in the PSYA1. That's what I'm worried, shall i just learn the mark shemes?

p.s. I forgot to thank Noble. as well

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for helping me out

I'm good at essays but I can't do the small questions in the PSYA1. That's what I'm worried, shall i just learn the mark shemes?

p.s. I forgot to thank Noble. as well
    In that case definitely worth the PSA3 retake (presumably essays and more fresh in your mind?) and aiming for 90+ in the and PSYA4. Then if you could get the PSYA1 up a bit to about the 82 you had in PSYA3 then you potentially could get an A* not just an A, although obviously will be hard work!

I didn't do this syllabus and I finished a levels 2/3 years ago, but I would definitely recommend learning the mark schemes, doing as many past papers as possible, going through the syllabus and using it as a kind of check sheet for revision, if you know everything on there then you should be ok. Hopefully having done A2 will also make the AS unit seem easier. I personally think the school are a bit mad and you would be better off retaking 2 and 3, but it's still doable if you put in the effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippin-Mad)
    In that case definitely worth the PSA3 retake (presumably essays and more fresh in your mind?) and aiming for 90+ in the and PSYA4. Then if you could get the PSYA1 up a bit to about the 82 you had in PSYA3 then you potentially could get an A* not just an A, although obviously will be hard work!

I didn't do this syllabus and I finished a levels 2/3 years ago, but I would definitely recommend learning the mark schemes, doing as many past papers as possible, going through the syllabus and using it as a kind of check sheet for revision, if you know everything on there then you should be ok. Hopefully having done A2 will also make the AS unit seem easier. I personally think the school are a bit mad and you would be better off retaking 2 and 3, but it's still doable if you put in the effort.
    Ah thank you for your advice, I'll definitely try doing that.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.