Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    In this particular paper I was predicted C/D and got a U after walking out of the exam being confident. I applied to get my paper back and when I did noticed that the examiner had written comments which didn't seem to add up. For example, they had written that I had an AO1 section on question 5 (short essay, and I admit I didn't write as much as I should have) but then proceeded to get '0' for AO1, which mean 'No creditworthy material'.

Not only that I included in evolutionary explanations of aggression the following paragraph:
    "It is also post-hoc so can't be tested. This results in the inability for it to be used in everyday life as there is no sure way if it's true. therefore the is the question of whether the theory is even useful to today's society to today's psychology as it can't be proven. But what stems from this is the fact it also can't be dis-proven, and the knowledge that our ancestors lived in a very different way which could often relate in the risk of cuckoldry and lose of a women to another man"
    The bit in red was the only bit that creditworthy, and the rest was not.

On top of all of this, my A* predicted friend got an E, and when looking through her paper, she also had similar unrealistic comments, as well as the examiner mixing up AO1 and AO2/3. When her paper was re-marked by our teachers was predicted a high B or and A. It was also compared to another person's who got an A and were extremely similar.

Basically I want some advice on what to do as this is unacceptable and I think the papers should be looked at by 2 examiners and the examiners should be trained better so they can mark with less bias.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    totally agree with everything you say here. I got a U in that paper aswell and im getting it remarked. The most smartest girl in our class got a low D and is a A grade student...I was predicted an A for sociology and got a low E...got it remarked and got 6 marks off a C...this is still by far not good enough for everything that i put in ....it raises the question if i got it remarked again im mostly likely to get a different grade yet again. This has made me even more nervous for August as this means in the past people who have not gotten to University a lot of these people will have had grades wrongly marked by examiners. A friend got a grade D for one of her papers....remarked to an A! It is so wrong for examiners to get away with this as this is our future....how on earth are we suppose to not freak out now about our results when examiners are giving grades so differently? so unfair! Im resitting this PSYA3 also and got a personal tutor to help me get an A for that paper.... its really helping so far in terms of revision etc!

ReputationRep:
    This is worrying I'd definitely ask for a remark from AQA. I really hope that not too many of their examiners are like this with the August papers; otherwise they're going to have one hell of a lot of work to do when hundreds of students start asking for remarks so they can get into their universities.

I thought their moderation would be better than this. It is quite concerning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.