Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've been entered in for two general studies exams for this summer, but I'm thinking of opting out of it. They are both two hour exams, placed in the middle of my main exams. Although no revision is needed and I got an A in AS last year in it, I'm thinking those 4 hours would be of better use for revision for my last exam.

I'm needing AAA to meet my offer, and the university say that this excludes General studies, however they also say that 'the grade achieved in General Studies or Critical Thinking may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.'

I would appreciate advise whether or not I should take the general studies exams.

ReputationRep:
    Entirely up to you. Ask yourself this though: Are you actually going to be revising in that time? Also, how likely are you to not meet your offer?

I'm taking them, even though none of my Unis will even acknowledge them as A Levels. I did okay in the AS, so I thought I might as well take them :lol:. Sometimes the questions are quite interesting as well :rolleyes:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.