Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Helleew guys,
    I need help deciding what to do my Biology coursework for A2 on. My school doesn't have any bloody labs so I pretty much have to do something I can replicate without lab equipment AND I'm forced to do one of the core practicals. I was considering habituation because a) it was bloody easy and b) I got good results for that experiment AAAND I can explain the memory model background to habituation pretty well since I really enjoy that section of the A2 book. THIS IS A DENSE YET RELATIVELY UNINFORMATIVE BLOB OF WRITING. Apologies, I hope my question is at least minutely clear through this mass of poopyness.

OH YEAH I think I forgot to actually ask it. MY ISSUE was that although I wanted to do the habituation one, and I feel I can explain the biological processes behind it pretty well as well as the planning section and the observation and pretty much the rest of the criteria EXCEPT. I'm finding difficulty explaining the importance/bearing/relevance of this research. The progression from AS description + explanation to A2 I'm perfectly fine with, it's just finding implications of this research.

As in what impacts + effects does my research stretch to. I can't seem to find a 'problem' my research solves. Any possible help? If anybody even understood this jibberish? P:

BAAASICALLY: does anybody know how to put habituation into context of a real life problem.

Thank ye in advance.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    In real life, we ignore advertisements that we get to see again an again. This is because of habituation. :P

What actually are you trying to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamo123)
    In real life, we ignore advertisements that we get to see again an again. This is because of habituation. :P

What actually are you trying to ask?
    I'M SORRY I KNOW I'm SOOO UNCLEAR D: thank you, you did answer my question, really; I was asking for a topic for the coursework that had a good background in terms of how I'd reason for my choosing that topic. Idk about that reason ^ for habituation since I need to write a bit more on it. I sort of need a 'problem' in real life my experiment is supposedly solving D:

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.