Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was wondering if I have any chances of getting my loan extended if I move up from Bachelors to Masters, since I've scored enough to move up to a Masters programme? I've started my studies in 2011.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi C00vainas,

The only student finance support we can provide for Masters level courses is Disabled Student Allowance unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    So if I already have a loan for my Bachelors degree, I cannot increase the loan for the additional year that a Masters degree would add?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi C00vainas,

The only student finance support we can provide for Masters level courses is Disabled Student Allowance unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee
    Hi Mark,

Would C00vainas also need to find out whether the masters level is part of an integrated undergraduate program.

I know there are some Universities that offer certain masters level "top ups" as an integration i.e MDes, MEng, MArch. In which case I believe student finance would be able to assist?

ReputationRep:
    I am studying Chemical Engineering at Loughborough University. I have friends who are doing integrated Masters, so I would assume I would get into the integrated Masters programme as well. How does that change the situation?

Also, does it change things if I am not a UK student, but rather EU student?

ReputationRep:
    Hi UoD,

Prior to the funding changes in the 2012 academic year we could provide finance to a student transferring from a BA or BSc onto the integrated Masters at any point throughout their degree.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case as we are only able to provide student finance for an integrated Masters course if this is what was being studied from year one.

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi again C00vainas,

The funding rules regarding integrated Masters courses are the same for UK and EU students.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.