Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Ludovico Einaudi Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to buy tickets to his concert in April, and I am so excited. It's the first concert I've ever been to as well.

I've noticed a couple of posts by users around this forum who say they listen to Einaudi's music while revising, so I'm hoping there are some fans lurking around. I can't stop listening to some of his songs from his latest album, Time Lapse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ca1...qTTZg&index=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUtC6SC2h8

What're some of your favourite songs?

ReputationRep:
    OOOOOOH MAAAAA GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD YOU UTTER LUCKY MONKEY
    THAT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE CONGRATULATIONSSSS!
    I love his stuff bro, I'm all about Due Tremonti (sp?) and the obvious i giorni. Scratch that I pretty much love all of his stuff. I DIDN'T REALISE HOW POPULAR HE WAS?? I heard his Le Onde? I think I don't remember accurately but I heard it on the great British bake-off which is one of my favourite shows and I was squealing like a chubby piglet! CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS WOMAN! (If you're a woman, can't be bummed to go AAAAALL THE WAY BACK to your post to actually check) BAAIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    I've managed to buy tickets to his concert in April, and I am so excited. It's the first concert I've ever been to as well.

I've noticed a couple of posts by users around this forum who say they listen to Einaudi's music while revising, so I'm hoping there are some fans lurking around. I can't stop listening to some of his songs from his latest album, Time Lapse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ca1...qTTZg&index=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUtC6SC2h8
    I'm going too next month!! I've never been to anything like it before either, so excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed3003)
    I'm going too next month!! I've never been to anything like it before either, so excited!
    His performance of Eros at the Royal Albert Hall was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFW5i0vmQh8

I'm not the sort of person who goes to concerts to listen to musicians live, I'd rather stay in my comfy room listening through my laptop. But I think Ludovico is an exception.

What are your favourite pieces? I think songs like Divenire and Primavera are classics, but I've had his new album on repeat for a couple of days now, and still haven't gotten bored of it.

ReputationRep:

I'm not the sort of person who goes to concerts to listen to musicians live, I'd rather stay in my comfy room listening through my laptop. But I think Ludovico is an exception.

What are your favourite pieces? I think songs like Divenire and Primavera are classics, but I've had his new album on repeat for a couple of days now, and still haven't gotten bored of it.
    I love Dietro Casa and I Giorni but I think Experience from the new album is lovely as well. I'm going to the Barbican to see him, will be a completely new experience for me, which is always nice
    Hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    OK im supposed to be writing an essay but dropping by to say i love ludovico too - iplay divinire and igiorni - such nice songs astheyre quite easy but sound impressive :P
    So lucky you got tickets - maybe theres some left -?
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Jealous!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely love his music, so a little jealous! I don't even really listen to that kind of music but his I find awesome.

Where are you going for it? I've looked to see if he's playing in the UK this year but haven't found anything

The BBC use him a lot which is where I first heard him, then whore'd out his youtube videos from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSingingMute)
    Absolutely love his music, so a little jealous! I don't even really listen to that kind of music but his I find awesome.

Where are you going for it? I've looked to see if he's playing in the UK this year but haven't found anything

The BBC use him a lot which is where I first heard him, then whore'd out his youtube videos from there.
    The concert is in St David's Hall in Cardiff on the 28th of April. I just looked on his website when I found out he was releasing a new album, and managed to grab one of his last tickets.

ReputationRep:
    I have a ticket for sale for the great man's concert at the Colston Hall in Bristol next Saturday (13th April) as I can sadly no longer make it. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2K7D-uMH2g

Absolutely love this piano piece of his.

ReputationRep:
    I play all his songs on piano and i get lost in them....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpediemxx)
    I play all his songs on piano and i get lost in them....
    I really want to learn how to play the piano, just so I can play his pieces. A friend of mine said they're not too difficult to play. If only it were possible to play them on the violin.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to learn how to play the piano, just so I can play his pieces. A friend of mine said they're not too difficult to play. If only it were possible to play them on the violin.
    I've only seen a few pieces that my sister has been playing, but I've had a crack at them, and they're relatively simple (a lot of repetition and quite regularly structured). Presumably you can read music, so if you have access to a piano, definitely have a go. You can get the scores online, and you should be able to teach yourself some of them, with a little help. So yeah, give it a go, it's lovely music to play

ReputationRep:
    Some of his piece are possible on the violin as long as you have a piano accomp. Due tramonti was written for cello and passagio is another good one.

I'm going to see him in st. davids hall too

ReputationRep:

He did a live youtube streaming of his latest album several months ago as part of a pre-release, so you could do both!
    I'd definitely recommend watching it, was pretty amazing to watch him play in such a private setting

ReputationRep:
    My favorite is Andare. I want to learn piano because of that song

it probably wont happen though... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessx)
    My favorite is Andare. I want to learn piano because of that song

it probably wont happen though... lol
    I didn't realise he wrote songs as well! I thought he just wrote instrumental pieces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kartace)
    Some of his piece are possible on the violin as long as you have a piano accomp. Due tramonti was written for cello and passagio is another good one.

I'm going to see him in st. davids hall too
    Ooh thanks, I'll look them up. When are you going to see him in St Davids btw?

(Original post by Architecture-er)
    He did a live youtube streaming of his latest album several months ago as part of a pre-release, so you could do both!
    I'd definitely recommend watching it, was pretty amazing to watch him play in such a private setting
    Yeah, I remember watching that. It was lovely listening to him play. I also watched his full concert in the Royal Albert Hall on youtube, that was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I Giorni and Nuvole Bianchi are personal favourties

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.