Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Ludovico Einaudi Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    I really want to learn how to play the piano, just so I can play his pieces. A friend of mine said they're not too difficult to play. If only it were possible to play them on the violin.
    Primavera has a violin part
    They are technically very easy....emotionally extremely deep. Typicall anyone can learn the notes, but not so many people can experience it

I just lose myself

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely love his pieces! Currently learning to play Ombre and Onde Corte.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling the love for Einaudi right now!

I play I Giorni and Nuvole Bianche, I think next is Berlin and Monday. If it wasn't for the main theme of 'The Pianist' and 'The legend of 1900', I'm sure Einaudi would have got me anyway :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The concert is in St David's Hall in Cardiff on the 28th of April. I just looked on his website when I found out he was releasing a new album, and managed to grab one of his last tickets.
    Woo just bought tickets to see him on Saturday, had no idea he was playing in Sheffield until I randomly checked his site this morning.

ReputationRep:
    His concert was amazing! He received a five minute standing ovation at the end, and it was so strange seeing him on stage. And listening to the pieces live really does make them come to life.

I was hoping he'd play this piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFW5i0vmQh8

which he did, and I was ecstatic. When it ended, the guy behind me went "Wow!"

(Original post by TheSingingMute)
    Woo just bought tickets to see him on Saturday, had no idea he was playing in Sheffield until I randomly checked his site this morning.
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    How was it?
    Yeah it was really good, he got a standing ovation here as well and of course an encore

The stage was set up really well, I'm guessing it was the same for you? There was a constant slight mist engulfing the orchestra so the spotlights really stood out, the way the spotlights only focused on the instruments playing was very cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSingingMute)
    Yeah it was really good, he got a standing ovation here as well and of course an encore

The stage was set up really well, I'm guessing it was the same for you? There was a constant slight mist engulfing the orchestra so the spotlights really stood out, the way the spotlights only focused on the instruments playing was very cool.
    Yeah, I thought they did a brilliant job with the lights, and the way they shone in time to the music. I really need to get some violin sheet music for his songs now. I am so glad I went.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, this sounds amazing, wish I could've gone!
    'Passagio' - anyone? (Definitely my favourite)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kartace)
    I didn't realise he wrote songs as well! I thought he just wrote instrumental pieces
    Andare is instrumental. Presumably they used the word song to mean track (as many people do).

ReputationRep:
    Going to see him in the Barbican on the 31st July! Can't wait! If your lucky, there may still be tickets for £35 on their website.

Have got the chorus of high heels stuck in my head during revision. I'm not even mad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JcOw0cuAus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jetblast)
    Going to see him in the Barbican on the 31st July! Can't wait! If your lucky, there may still be tickets for £35 on their website.

Have got the chorus of high heels stuck in my head during revision. I'm not even mad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JcOw0cuAus
    I wish I could go, but I don't live anywhere close. You will probably have a fantastic time though.
    He's also doing a tour of the UK in November, hopefully he'll come somewhere near me again.

Another one of my favourites by him, Love is a Mystery:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guvY8Qbac7E
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the greatest of fans (I'm somewhat of a classical music snob, I like proper accompaniment and development etc, not just the same primary chords repeated ) but I do find it useful to send me to sleep.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.