Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I am currently in pre-IB in Poland and I am interested in studying Psychology in England. I am choosing my IB subjects right now and I have hard time deciding.

For now I have chosen:
    English B HL (everyone at our school is obligated to choose English HL. SL is only possible in case of English A)
    Polish A HL (I need it if I would like to study humanities in Poland)
    History HL
    Biology HL

German B SL

And I have problems with mathematics. I have to admit - I am not doing great at Maths, that is why I am considering Studies. However, I've heard that sometimes universities prefer Maths SL, than Studies.

Could you tell me, if it is possible to get an offer to Psychology at any good university with Maths Studies? I could probably get a 5 at Maths SL, however at Studies I would probably have 7.
    What is actually better? Having for example 37 points and Maths SL or having 39 points and Maths Studies?

As you can see I've chosen humanities as my HL Subjects. However I also love biology and I am interested in clinical psychology. Unfortunately, I've seen that actually many universities require two sciences for Psychology (My favourites: Edinburgh and UCL) and I am not good at chemistry or physics. I've contacted UCL Psychology departament and they told me that I would rather be "an attractive candidate" for Psychology and Languages than Psychology. However, I am not interested in linguistics.

In that case, which universities would you advise me to consider? Is Bath, Nottingham or Durham good (I've checked that those don't require two sciences)? Which is the best? I can see that Bath has placement, which is good, however if I considered my preferences, I think I would rather like to study at an old university.

Thanks! And sorry for mistakes - I am a foreigner

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.