Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international applicant, and I'm wondering if going to a university with a Skillset accreditation matters more to an employer and if it increases your chances of getting into the industry.

I'd also like to know which university is 'better' in terms of Television Production:
    Goldsmiths, University of London
    University of York
    University of Westminster

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ontheseashores)
    I'm an international applicant, and I'm wondering if going to a university with a Skillset accreditation matters more to an employer and if it increases your chances of getting into the industry.

I'd also like to know which university is 'better' in terms of Television Production:
    Goldsmiths, University of London
    University of York
    University of Westminster

Thank you!
    Excellent question ontrheseashores.

Let me answer it this way - for those employers who look at where you studied and what course you did, Skillset accreditaion is important as it lends that course some level of validity. However the majority of employers do not look at where you studied nor what you studied there.

Your course and institution are largely unimportant, almost the only thing that counts is the real industry experience you have got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TV man)
    Excellent question ontrheseashores.

Let me answer it this way - for those employers who look at where you studied and what course you did, Skillset accreditaion is important as it lends that course some level of validity. However the majority of employers do not look at where you studied nor what you studied there.

Your course and institution are largely unimportant, almost the only thing that counts is the real industry experience you have got.
    Thanks! Clears up a lot

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.