Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staveley30)
    Thought I should tell you that I have made a decision!!!! Ive firmed durham! I went for another walk round yesterday and I just felt comfortable there so that plus the other benefits made me decide to firm it
    Great - I'm still struggling to make a decision but I might see you in the autumn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Great - I'm still struggling to make a decision but I might see you in the autumn!
    Yep let me know when you decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleeece123)
    I'd say come to Durham, but I'm incredibly biased...
    Another point for you to consider- in 2nd year, if you went to Lancaster you'd presumably end up living in Lancaster itself, and have to get a bus to uni every day, whereas if you're in Durham, the furthest away you could possibly end up living from the maths dept is about 20 mins walk..
    And in Lancaster the bus is 10mins from town to Campus running very regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tish)
    Go to Lancaster!

You can stay in halls for whole duration of your course!

Buses drop you straight on campus so whats the big fuss if you move out?

If you get 1a* n 2a or 2a* n 1 a u can get money for scholarships from lancaster, do dur offer anything like this.

Lancaster have won the uni student housing award for 'best student uni halls" with sheff uni n imperial behind, and they've won this award for the past 3 consecutive years, and that must mean a lot of people are very happy with their service nd enjoy their time at halls!!!

Ive firmed for Comp Sci (with industrial + masters integrated) cannot waitttttt!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've managed to live in halls for three years, so this is true. However, Lancaster's halls are HIDEOUSLY expensive! I'm in Cartmel College and it's something in the region of £110+ p/w! Given the size of the rooms, it's rather expensive, but the en suite is nice

OP, if you think you would like Lancaster, go for it I've had a happy three years, been taught by some brilliant tutors and I feel like they have pushed me into developing into an academically well-rounded individual

ReputationRep:
    I do really like the place of Lancaster but i really think Durham would be good for me. I really like the collage system and the beneifts that come from that. I think I am currently swaying more towards Durham but we'll see. You any closer to a decision?
    There are colleges at Lancaster too, y'know They aren't as big a deal but you still live with your college and have the same sense of community. It's just teaching happens by department, so you meet lots of people from each of the colleges Win/win!

ReputationRep:
    Yep let me know when you decide
    Hi, I *think* I have finally decided! I'm going to firm Warwick, and insure either Edinburgh or Durham depending on what my physics ISA result is when I get it back later this week. Edinburgh's offer is only AAB so its more tempting as an insurance choice, but my Warwick offer is so high (STEP :eek:) I need to make sure I like my insurance a lot as I could easily end up going there! I'm not putting it into UCAS until around the 1st of May, but I think I have made my mind up now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Hi, I *think* I have finally decided! I'm going to firm Warwick, and insure either Edinburgh or Durham depending on what my physics ISA result is when I get it back later this week. Edinburgh's offer is only AAB so its more tempting as an insurance choice, but my Warwick offer is so high (STEP :eek:) I need to make sure I like my insurance a lot as I could easily end up going there! I'm not putting it into UCAS until around the 1st of May, but I think I have made my mind up now.
    well im glad you've finally decided and hope your step paper goes well and you get where you want

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.