Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else has lost weight during a refeed? I usually eat around 1350 kcal a day but for the last week I've had at least 1600 kcal per day. I stopped cardio too to have a rest, have been dieting and working out since January so needed one. I've kept up my weights though, actually increased them by a kg or so and worked out every other day rather than 3 days a week

Weighed myself this morning and I've gone from 129-130lbs to 126lbs in a week. Surely increasing my weights and working out every other day can't have had that much of a difference? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Often dehydration can make a big difference to your weight as it fluctuates a lot more than actual body mass. This could be the cause of your weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Medicine)
    Often dehydration can make a big difference to your weight as it fluctuates a lot more than actual body mass. This could be the cause of your weight loss.
    That's a good point actually. I think with having more food than normal I maybe haven't drank the same amount, and I struggle drinking enough as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it could just be water loss most likely.

ReputationRep:
    Body weight constantly fluctuates and does so even more when losing weight. The effects are more pronounced for women due to hormonal balance. Weight loss is rarely a linear process for women even when eating and exercise are fairly stable.

At the end of the day, it just really isn't worth thinking about. Think about your average weight over longer periods of time and how that changes.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.