Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    They won't ask you how to derive things from scratch without showing you how and so I doubt you would be at a disadvantage as long as your algebra and calculus are good enough to follow what's going on per-say. I'm so jealous of all of you... Could someone send me the advanced reading so I could look at it even though I'm not on the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here it is, have fun reading it, a bit tricky xD

http://www.cavendish-quantum.org.uk/...1_contents.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robh27)
    I'm having a lot of trouble with the content in the QM primer. The differential equations are really tough, and i struggle to see how the course requires AS maths? It seems the Primer is mostly C3, C4 and DE differential techniques, and some exercises go further.
    THey dont expect us to know QM primer, its literarly notes for lectures we are going to have there, so dont worry about it too much. Althought if you want to get ahead i would recoment to go through it with your Physics/math teacher. (thats what i did for the physics part of it). In the other hand, math is C1, C2 and FP1, ina ddition of a bit of c3. THey will explain it, should be pice of cake for you ^^

ReputationRep:
    BTW, is anyone staying at Robinsons collage, and is in RED team?

ReputationRep:
    I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the dress code is for the garden party?

ReputationRep:
    No idea... But I haven't brought anything special.. :-P They didn't say anything about it either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeatlesFan96)
    Does anyone know what the dress code is for the garden party?
    I wasn't planning on bringing anything formal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to them about the dress code. Just casual jenes are ok, but they can't be ripped, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ill see you there then xD

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying at Newnham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ltigers)
    If you see the above posts, everyone (including me) thinks the maths was out of 31...
    I think it's still too early for decisions, I'm not expecting until late next week...ie 15-25th may
    Hey, I know it's a year late but I'm going to the physics challenge this year and have been looking on a lot of sites for some help. I'm finding the chapter on quantum mechanics they gave us pretty hard. I think this may be partly because it is set for AS level students (I am doing highers in Scotland which are a bit easier). I'm just wondering how essential completing all the questions was to the challenge? Will it really set me back if I am unable to finish them? Did you need to show evidence of completion?
    At the moment I am unable to do any of the questions as not only is there a lot of jargon I have never came across before but the questions themselves (in my opinion) are very hard.

I would really appreciate any help or advice you can offer me as I am getting very nervous because I have about 2 weeks left to complete it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niko_.97)
    Hey, I know it's a year late but I'm going to the physics challenge this year and have been looking on a lot of sites for some help. I'm finding the chapter on quantum mechanics they gave us pretty hard. I think this may be partly because it is set for AS level students (I am doing highers in Scotland which are a bit easier). I'm just wondering how essential completing all the questions was to the challenge? Will it really set me back if I am unable to finish them? Did you need to show evidence of completion?
    At the moment I am unable to do any of the questions as not only is there a lot of jargon I have never came across before but the questions themselves (in my opinion) are very hard.

I would really appreciate any help or advice you can offer me as I am getting very nervous because I have about 2 weeks left to complete it.
    It will make it A LOT easier if you've done the questions, trust me. Go to a teacher and get them to help you with the jargon because the notation is a bit unusual. Ask a physics teacher about how to deal with potential wells because they come up a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocodilecomnena)
    It will make it A LOT easier if you've done the questions, trust me. Go to a teacher and get them to help you with the jargon because the notation is a bit unusual. Ask a physics teacher about how to deal with potential wells because they come up a lot.
    Agree with this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocodilecomnena)
    Thank you for the advice. Will do

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.