Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting mine done but I was wondering how sore it is? I've had my lobes and cartilage pierced so would it be worse than those?

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done when I was 13 and it only hurt when the needle went in but it's not painful it's just a sting.
    Then again I have a high pain tolerance.
    Cartilage is more painful because it's hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Belly button piercings on a flat stomach are so hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..*KITA*..)
    I got mine done when I was 13 and it only hurt when the needle went in but it's not painful it's just a sting.
    Then again I have a high pain tolerance.
    Cartilage is more painful because it's hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I didn't find my cartilage sore at all so hopefully this one won't hurt either. Still trying to decide whether to go through with it... I'm not fat but my stomach isn't perfectly flat either, if I lost weight after getting it done would that affect it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    Thanks I didn't find my cartilage sore at all so hopefully this one won't hurt either. Still trying to decide whether to go through with it... I'm not fat but my stomach isn't perfectly flat either, if I lost weight after getting it done would that affect it?
    It's not deep enough to pierce fat so it's not going to move etc if you lost/gained a ton of weight. If you consider that pregnant people only need to change their bar to a flexi one like really late in their pregnancy, then a bit of tummy fat really isn't going to make a difference :tongue:

I found it hurt a tiny bit more than lobes, just cos obv it's a bigger needle going through more tissue... Never had cartilage done so can't compare, but it was just a momentary ouch when the needle went in and then again when they put the bar through. Bit sore when you move it to clean it initially but barely noticeable after the first few times

ReputationRep:
    I had it pierced about 7/8 years ago and i'm pretty sure mine was numbed as I honestly didn't feel a thing.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done 10 years ago and they froze it so that it didn't hurt at all.

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't hurt.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't hurt at all! Probably the least painful piercing I've ever had

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It only stings a little for a second that's it..But make sure you look after it!Mine went manky!Ive still got it but after it got infected it took MONTHS to heal!

ReputationRep:
    Everyones experience is different but for me it was one of my worst piercings. It was numbed but hurt a bit when the needle went through, especially putting the jewellery through. A few hours later I couldn't sit up properly as my stomach was so sore it felt quite tight. That lasted for a few days mine took 6 months to heal as it's hard people use perfumed soaps and stuff in baths and showers and these irritate the piercing. Clean it twice a day with 1/4 a teaspoon of sea salt crystals/rock salt in 250ml of boiling water (obviously wait for the water to cool down after you've mixed with salt).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice everyone Keeping it clean shouldn't be too much of a problem, my cartilage piercing is still healing so I'm still sort of in the habit of making up the salt water anyway. Plus I can't use any perfumed soaps/fancy bath stuff so that won't be a problem

Just got to get round to getting it done now!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.