Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,

I had an interview for primary PGCE at Bishop Grosseteste Uni last tuesday- has anyone interviewed on this day heard back from them?
    I'm guessing they'll have a new lot of candidates in again tomorrow, so getting increasingly anxious and have lost track of how many times i've refreshed my email!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to them but only sent my application off last week. Waiting on my letter. When did you send yours off? I'm so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I sent mine off a few weeks ago (I was a bit keen..) and they got back to me within a few days, so i'm sure yours will be any day now xx

ReputationRep:
    Ooh hope so! Just waiting on my welcome letter!! How was your interview?? What did you have to do?? Have you done your skills test by the way? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Interview was good actually- in the morning you do a short maths test (no harder than the skills test), a writing task, and you give presentations to small groups. If you pass all three parts, you get an interview in the afternoon.

All the staff were really friendly, and the interview was more of a chat (although I was the last to go, they must have been fed up by then!) so i wouldn't worry at all x

ReputationRep:
    And yes I did my skills tests before the interview, they're not as bad as you expect, found mine easier than the practice ones x

ReputationRep:
    Hi littletink, I believe I was at your interview. (Adam, don't know if you remember).

Have you heard anything yet? My letter from BG still hasn't arrived. I was getting really frustrated, but GTTR emailed me with the update today. I'm guessing you could have received the same email seeing as we interviewed together, so get checking that inbox!

And hope you get an interview moltebene.

ReputationRep:
    My housemate just got an offer for here.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks adamagogobaby. How was your interview?? Any helpful tips you would like to pass on? :P

My welcome letter came yesterday so now I'm just waiting :'( It's such a horrible feeling.
    littletink1- I haven't even done my skills test yet, I was planning on doing that in January. What did the tests include for maths and the writing?? And what was the presentation about?

Soorry for the 9845987 questions.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Adam! (Its Abi- the last one to be interviewed, if you remember!)
    Yes I got the offer this afternoon, absolutelyyyy delighted! I'm assuming you did too!

Moltebene- do your research, look into current issues in teaching (read the TES online.. google it) and think about how you'd include EAL/SEN children, write a load of possible interview questions and think how you'd answer them.
    Skills tests are prettty much the same as the practice ones online, so go through them all and you'll be fine! The presentation was something along the lines of 'a good lesson we'd observed- why it was good and how we'll use it' etc.. pretty open question so you could do all sorts for it!

Sorry for the essay... and good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Yes Abi, I remember. Yes I did get a place! Opening the email was scary biscuits though.

And Moltebene, I agree with Abi on the preparation. Preparing for the skills tests will help with the interview tests. There's actually some pretty good threads on this forum you can look at regarding the types of questions you'll likely be asked.

Just prepare enough to feel confident and you'll do it!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the helpful tips! I cannot find a good online test thing! What did you guys use?? X

ReputationRep:
    numeracy: http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Nume...nt_engine.html

Literacy: http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Lite...nt_engine.html

those have the same layout and format of the actual test, once you're happy with those you'll be fine! x

ReputationRep:
    Oooh yes I found them yesterday! Haha thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I'll Look forward to seeing you lot in September then.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from them yet which is making me think they may not want me but tbh if I got an interview I am panicking that I haven't done much revision on my numeracy etc tests! So either way I'm worried haha.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine either way. I hope you get an interview. I don't know about you, but I always find it easier to prepare for something once I have a deadline. This book is very good for skills test preparation:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0749...sr=8-3&pi=SL75

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll look into it! Yes me too, I need a deadline. Guess I'll have to practice. I bet you both feel so relieved.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I have an interview for BG next week...i was just wondering what people did for their presentations! Im struggling to decide!

Help!!!!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Well, I obviously can't give you specifics because they're looking for something unique from everyone. I did a science/maths lesson about weights and measures, so i dont think it needs to be showy or anything Just think of the best lesson you've been involved with, and try to 'bring it into' the interview. Explain why it was good, how it was relevant, and what you've learned about teaching from it. I have to admit, I was most nervous about that part as well, but they're looking for confidence above all else I think. You'll be fine!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.