Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Amz22- don't panic about content! As Adam said- I think in this stage they're looking that you can confidently stand in front of a class and deliver material clearly. Talk slowly and clearly- look up and make good eye contact, and try to look like you're enjoying it!

I personally don't really like public speaking (i find it much easier to talk in front of kids!) and was dreading this bit, but actually found I quite enjoyed giving the presentation!

Pretend to be confident (even if you're not!) and i'm sure you'll be fine!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview horray! Guys, how did you know what tasks you're doing? The email said to look on admissions/interview. And all it says is that I'm doing a literacy test, maths test and a group interview. Nothing about a presentation?? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moltebene3)
    I got an interview horray! Guys, how did you know what tasks you're doing? The email said to look on admissions/interview. And all it says is that I'm doing a literacy test, maths test and a group interview. Nothing about a presentation?? Xx
    Congratulations! You must be thrilled. Ooh thats different, ours was the maths/literacy test and a presentation, we didn't have a group interview so I can't really help with that one! Just make sure any SEN/EAL/interesting cases you've witnessed are fresh in your memory x

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that's not good haha I don't want a group interview just incase I embarass myself! :P Thank you for the tips! I AM SO NERVOUS now, before I was moaning I wouldn't get one now I'm like omg I don't want to do it! Oooh thanks! Did you have an individual interview after that?

ReputationRep:
    Guys who have had the interview? How long was your lit and maths test??

ReputationRep:
    Literacy was about 45 mins, but people were coming in/out from presentations during it so it wasn't too strict! I think maths was shorter (it certainly felt it) probably around 20 mins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littletink1)
    Literacy was about 45 mins, but people were coming in/out from presentations during it so it wasn't too strict! I think maths was shorter (it certainly felt it) probably around 20 mins?
    Ah ok thank you! Is the lit test set out like the online tests? I know my friend at Not Trent just had to write 2 sides about the journal she just read!

ReputationRep:
    Moltebene, Are you talking about the government skills tests or the tests at BG? If you mean the latter, then no it was completely different. More of a general gauge of imagination and ideas than literacy. We had to write a short lesson plan based on a picture of an object.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamagogobaby)
    Moltebene, Are you talking about the government skills tests or the tests at BG? If you mean the latter, then no it was completely different. More of a general gauge of imagination and ideas than literacy. We had to write a short lesson plan based on a picture of an object.
    Sorry, I meant that! Oh okay, that is intriguing haha. How would you even write a lesson plan on an object?! Or am I being thick?! (I have been practicising my maths so head hurts) :P Do you know what they checked for? Just spelling grammar and so on??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that and the ability to formulate a coherent answer really. It's a very open ended task. For example, I chose a picture of a candle and thought about how you might use that in a lesson. You could talk about religion or science or anything really. They're really flexible objects.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that and the ability to formulate a coherent answer really. It's a very open ended task. For example, I chose a picture of a candle and thought about how you might use that in a lesson. You could talk about religion or science or anything really. They're really flexible objects.
    Ah okay! How did you relate the object to your lesson? I mean how did you write a short lesson plan on the object? I think that bit is confusing me! Haha. Sorry for the 4855929 questions!

ReputationRep:
    Well I remember I just explained how I would use the object in the context of a lesson. So you talk about the age group and the structure of the lesson etc. the questions they give you are really helpful and give you an insight into lesson planning, so it's not really anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Well I remember I just explained how I would use the object in the context of a lesson. So you talk about the age group and the structure of the lesson etc. the questions they give you are really helpful and give you an insight into lesson planning, so it's not really anything to worry about.
    Ah that's okay then Thanks! Oh btw, in the maths test bit, are we allowed to use a calculator in the other section?

ReputationRep:
    No calculators- its mental maths style problems just write down all of your working, because if you don't do so well but show the right sort of working they can give you credit for it x

ReputationRep:
    No calculators- its mental maths style problems just write down all of your working, because if you don't do so well but show the right sort of working they can give you credit for it x
    Ah okay! So is there 2 parts to the maths test? One mental maths and the written questions?? Did you find them ok?? What came up mostly?? Sorry bout the 4856939 questions. I hate being surprised.. I like to prepare haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Has anyone else got an interview on Tuesday?! I'm so scared - I've already had one interview at Scarborough (hull university) and I got an offer! But I really like Lincoln bishop and hope I get another offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehayford15)
    Hello! Has anyone else got an interview on Tuesday?! I'm so scared - I've already had one interview at Scarborough (hull university) and I got an offer! But I really like Lincoln bishop and hope I get another offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!! How was your interview??? Any useful things regarding Maths/English/Interview qs I should know about? So nervous for mine!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I've got an interview next Wednesday and I'm literally so nervous. I've been doing the online qts practice tests and keep failing so i'm really worried about my interview. Are the tests the same?
    Thanks
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LmcKettrick)
    Hi everyone,
    I've got an interview next Wednesday and I'm literally so nervous. I've been doing the online qts practice tests and keep failing so i'm really worried about my interview. Are the tests the same?
    Thanks
    xxx
    QTS- keep doing the practices, you'll get there eventually! Don't rush them, keep calm and carry on! Also, make sure you know your times tables inside out, it helps for the maths one.

BG- Don't worry too much about the interview, the staff were all very friendly and made me feel very much at ease when I went! They reject a lot of people before interview, so they must like the sound of you so far. The tests weren't quite the same, the English was more of a lesson planning task so use imagination and make sure your spelling/grammar etc are as good as they can be. And maths was more like a couple of GCSE questions, but an easier time limit than the QTS ones xx

ReputationRep:
    QTS- keep doing the practices, you'll get there eventually! Don't rush them, keep calm and carry on! Also, make sure you know your times tables inside out, it helps for the maths one.

BG- Don't worry too much about the interview, the staff were all very friendly and made me feel very much at ease when I went! They reject a lot of people before interview, so they must like the sound of you so far. The tests weren't quite the same, the English was more of a lesson planning task so use imagination and make sure your spelling/grammar etc are as good as they can be. And maths was more like a couple of GCSE questions, but an easier time limit than the QTS ones xx
    Okay, feel a little better now thank you. I'm literally just practicing over and over lol. Wish me luck lol!!! xx

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.