Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK! :-) xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey , I have got a conditional offer for BG PGCE Primary early years . I've passed my QTS tests just need to finish my degree woop ! Hope you have a place also !

ReputationRep:
    Hi Has anyone else got an offer from Bishop Grot for primary ed? wanna meet people that actually want to go to BG for this course?

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeee! Just put it as my firm, scary stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah awesome! Mines as my firm as well inbox me? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflem30)
    Hi Has anyone else got an offer from Bishop Grot for primary ed? wanna meet people that actually want to go to BG for this course?
    Hi, congratulations on your offers! I'd love to get into BG, my interview for the same course is this Wednesday. I'm quite excited but nervous at the same time as it's my first uni interview ever. Can you tell me what it involved? Any tips or help you could give me would bbe very much appreciated. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Ps. I'm a mature student returning to education at 30. :-) did they ask if you'd taken your skills tests yet? I passed mine last week.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recently been for an interview at BG? Is the 5 min time limit for the presentations strictly applied or do they let you finish? Mine is currently around the 7/8 mins mark, would that be okay?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it actually depends on which tutor you're with. I heard that in one group, some people were stopped because they were going over the 5 mins but I think that the actual day was running a bit late so they needed to see everyone asap. I think it's better if you stay within the 5 mins. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Found out I have got an interview exciting... just need to decide now what to do for my presentation!

ReputationRep:
    I have got an interview coming up at BG. I'm pretty much prepared for my presentation, but on the guidance it tells you to make it engaging for the audience which worries me as I pretty much just talk about what made the lesson effective. To anyone who has already had an interview, any advice on what you or people did to engage the audience? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huxley24)
    I have got an interview coming up at BG. I'm pretty much prepared for my presentation, but on the guidance it tells you to make it engaging for the audience which worries me as I pretty much just talk about what made the lesson effective. To anyone who has already had an interview, any advice on what you or people did to engage the audience? Thank you!
    Make eye contact lots, be enthusiastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moltebene3)
    Make eye contact lots, be enthusiastic!
    Thanks Moltebene. I was thinking more, did anyone use like extras to make it more interesting such as props or handouts?

Also, I've prepped for the literacy test with online tests but it states its a writing test on the day. How was this presented? Were you expected to write about something or was it just a straight forward literacy test?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huxley24)
    Thanks Moltebene. I was thinking more, did anyone use like extras to make it more interesting such as props or handouts?

Also, I've prepped for the literacy test with online tests but it states its a writing test on the day. How was this presented? Were you expected to write about something or was it just a straight forward literacy test?

Thank you!
    Yes some people gave things out like a phonics worksheet or someone used a book. They're not looking for the actual content of your preentation just if you can deliver it confidently.. look back through this thread!! It's straight forward lit test it's not hard or anything... I had to do a teaching plan. :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've been offered a place an have now passed my qts tests so put BG as my firm choice. I'm a mature student too, I'm 25 and i will be commuting from Grantham. Will be good to speak to others that are starting the same course in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed Bishop Grosseteste for primary ed!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have formed a forum for student teachers and it would be great if you could join and engage in the discussion threads prior to starting university. It would really give you a heads up about teaching and allow you to interact with issues and other student teachers currently studying primary education. I have set up a part of the forum specifically for Uni Hopefuls (people starting in the summer) too.

It would be great if you joined and spread to word - it is definitely going to be a very valuable resource in the near future.

talk-teaching.co.uk

It would be great to see you there there are a few people from here that are members on there too - I really hope you can help me

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MegThomas18)
    I have firmed Bishop Grosseteste for primary ed!
    HEY! i have firmed BG too! have you passed your QTS tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflem30)
    HEY! i have firmed BG too! have you passed your QTS tests?
    Hi! Yes, I just recently passed them both, have you?

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll be seeing you guys in Sept!! Anyone excited haha? I passed my skills test couple if weeks ago. What a relief!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.