Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I have very pale skin and natural dark brown hair. I've always wanted to dye my hair but as my skin is quite sensitive....i get reactions to many things and I'm also allergic to random foods, I've always put it off but I know you can get some vegan friendly dyes but the question is what should I go for for my first dye job? I've got green eyes and I'm quite tall and thin if that helps.

soo..colours to go for and colours to avoid?

ReputationRep:
    Blonde or light brown would look good on you, depends what you like though. Go see a hairdresser (you can get a free consultation at a good one) and ask them?

ReputationRep:
    All I know is to avoid black since it might wash you out if you have pale skin. I have heard of henna, which apparently you can also get in blonde but usually from America (that's where I bought mine from). It depends if you are allergic to henna though. I would say anything from blonde to red to light brown. It is hard to know exactly what you would suit, but I know there are websites where you can test different colours and styles on a photo you upload. Its not great for hairstyle placement with the scaling, but it gives you a good idea what colours would suit you.

Are you going for a natural shade or unnatural?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your tips. I'm thinking of getting a natural looking shade so nothing drastic like pink or blue. I was originally thinking of honey blonde but not sure whether to get the highlights first and then dye it all as I know a drastic change can be well..er drastic lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modalsoul)
    Hi all,
    I have very pale skin and natural dark brown hair. I've always wanted to dye my hair but as my skin is quite sensitive....i get reactions to many things and I'm also allergic to random foods, I've always put it off but I know you can get some vegan friendly dyes but the question is what should I go for for my first dye job? I've got green eyes and I'm quite tall and thin if that helps.

Light Blue! or Teal.
    Pink!
    These colours look awesome on pale skin and every boy will chasing you .
    Boys have a fetish for people with futuristic hair :rolleyes:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Mine is pink and blue right now, but if you're looking for natural that may not be the way to go XD I'm sure a range of colours would look good - go to a hairdresser and see what they recommend.

Surely you have a colour in mind?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your tips. I'm thinking of getting a natural looking shade so nothing drastic like pink or blue. I was originally thinking of honey blonde but not sure whether to get the highlights first and then dye it all as I know a drastic change can be well..er drastic lol!
    Honey Blonde is indeed nice, since it isn't too cold colour-wise. If you want the gradual change, then yes get highlights. That would also give you chance to see if you would like it when it is a completely different colour. Sometimes though people like sudden dramatic changes, but I guess I am a gradual change kinda person too.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do anyway, I am sure it will look very nice .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ce90)
    Honey Blonde is indeed nice, since it isn't too cold colour-wise. If you want the gradual change, then yes get highlights. That would also give you chance to see if you would like it when it is a completely different colour. Sometimes though people like sudden dramatic changes, but I guess I am a gradual change kinda person too.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do anyway, I am sure it will look very nice .
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    If your skin is sensitive already, you should be cautious when dyeing your hair. Do a skin test before doing anything. I did one where I dabbed a little of the dye behind one of my ears, and waited two days.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has the same colouring as you, and she recently dyed her hair a wine red colour - it looks fab

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Don't do anything too drastic - i.e. too far from your natural hair colour - otherwise it looks really obvious. Auburn would go with your skin tone and eye colour without looking too obviously dyed

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your face tbh, but I like the sound of a mermaid colour, like a pearly lilac? But yeah, asking a professional is a good shout.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.