Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My first year car insurance has cost me £3200, on a 58 plate Fiesta. This policy started in August last year.

What I'm wondering is, how much roughly could I expect to see the price fall this year after a year's driving, with no claims? One of my friends' insurance halved, where as another only fell by about £500 so I'm confused lol

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It depends a lot on how much your insurers gives you for one year's NCB. Your best bet is to phone and ask them.

Also some insurers give you a higher price if you take the automatic renewal, you should shop around every year.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you put some ficticious details into a quote machine and find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murrayfan)
    Hi,

My first year car insurance has cost me £3200, on a 58 plate Fiesta. This policy started in August last year.

What I'm wondering is, how much roughly could I expect to see the price fall this year after a year's driving, with no claims? One of my friends' insurance halved, where as another only fell by about £500 so I'm confused lol

Thanks
    It entirely depends.
    The price still depends on things like where you live, named drivers etc. It also depends on which company you are with. Its best to shop around though- you can almost guarantee that you will be able to get a cheaper quote elsewhere.
    Your best bet is to try and get quotes from various companies on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    My first quote was about £2800 on a 1.2 Corsa. This year it's £800 on a 1.9 Peugeot 206. I honestly have no idea how they work it all out.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you call around and see what other companies offer you, it will probably be less than your renewal. Then you can phone your existing insurers and tell them you have a better price and they may be able to beat it.

£3200 for a Fiesta?! That is sickening, has insurance really got that bad these days? I am only 20 but it wasn't as bad as that a few years ago.

I really feel sorry for those of you having to pay prices like that, I don't know how they can get away with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murrayfan)
    Hi,

Thanks
    It should definitely have dropped also remember the new eu law on insurance based on gender.
    Can't say how much, just do as told above and try some details out on confused.com or something

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.