Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

£1billion; 5 Days - What Would YOU Do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You've just been given £1billion to spend as you wish; but you have 5 days (exactly 120 hours from now) to spend it.

Thereafter, any cash that's left over is instantly void.

What would you do?

P.S.

Bear in mind realistic and official procedures and processes (e.g. travel times; large sales etc).

Fire away!

ReputationRep:
    Penny sweets :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy a billion scratchcards then I'd bound to be a millionaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    You've just been given £1billion to spend as you wish; but you have 5 days (exactly 120 hours from now) to spend it.

What would you do?

P.S.

Bear in mind realistic and official procedures and processes (e.g. travel times; large sales etc).

Fire away!
    Buy a massive mansion and fill it with everything i could ever dream of in it. I would buy a string of holidays which would be every few months lasting 5 years. The £600m remaining would be invested in various shares. After the 6 days I would sell the shares and bank it. Loophole!

ReputationRep:
    Buy lots of expensive items with it and then sell them after 5 days for real cash + some profit. And then, I'll properly decide what to do with the money.

ReputationRep:
    I would buy expensive things such as

1) Propertys
    2) Cars
    3) Jewellery

Which I can sell after the five days and still be "rich"

ReputationRep:
    Meet Dr. Evil's demands.

ReputationRep:
    Buy as many properties as I could in nice areas and then rent

ReputationRep:
    Charity perhaps.:^_^:

ReputationRep:

What would you do?

P.S.

Fire away!
    change the world

ReputationRep:
    Spend as much of it as possible on properties (other investments: shares, pubs, bars, hotels, perhaps start a record label and make friends with my favourite singers etc), cars, future holidays. During the last few days I would go to Las Vegas and get absolutely smashed and high on recreational drugs, I would have sex with the hottest prostitutes, I would wipe my ass with notes after the toilet, I would give people free money, I would walk around chanting like a lunatic and would bribe any officer who tries to arrest me. On the last day I would return home and give my relatives a lot of money to pay off their debts and then the rest I would give to charity. Thus no money would be wasted, I would become a wealthy phenomenon and the whole world would know me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lukev)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Buy foreign currency with it or, everything on black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukev)
    But imagine scratching a billion cards :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Buy several Greek islands, purchase oil drilling rights for parts of Africa, donate some to Gates Foundation, but country mansion (withdraw and pay in cash!), give the BBC x million to buy back F1 broadcasting rights, buy several expensive sportscars, donate some to various charities, invest in Berkshire Hathoway investment fund and walk into a Tesco and buy 1000s of apples for no reason just to see the reaction on peoples faces and pay the Mafia to hunt down and kill Sarah Palin, Abu Qatada and the go-compare guy...

ReputationRep:
    Buy anything and everything I need/want then stick the rest of the money into stable stocks in the stock markets so that it will either stay the same or only change a little bit and then withdraw it when I need to
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    Buy several Greek islands, purchase oil drilling rights for parts of Africa, donate some to Gates Foundation, but country mansion (withdraw and pay in cash!), give the BBC x million to buy back F1 broadcasting rights, buy several expensive sportscars, donate some to various charities, invest in Berkshire Hathoway investment fund and walk into a Tesco and buy 1000s of apples for no reason just to see the reaction on peoples faces...
    :lol:

That's actually a good suggestion, sky are annoying me lately.

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend the first £20,000 buying Greece and Cyprus :ahee:

Buy a london penthouse

Buy a friggin' yacht

Move my penthouse and yacht to Cyprus.

...the rest would be spent on olives, philosophers, and pet gorillas

edit: I'd pay Stephanie Meyer lots of monies to stop writing books, and to take up knitting

ReputationRep:

What would you do?

P.S.

Fire away!
    Buy:

oil
    gold
    diamonds
    art
    instruments
    Real estate

Then after the 5 days sell them back over decades (maybe not the oil).

ReputationRep:
    buy myself a luxury home with all the furnishings and a holiday home in italy. buy a 10 year pass for the trains, and all flights with british airways, first class. then book holidays to italy, usa, australia, china, hawaii, france, chile and iceland for the next 10 yrs for me and all family. invest in changing the world to go green. pay off to go to uni, top of the range suite with ensuite and buy some new clothes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.