Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This morning, on my way back home from work, I approached a roundabout which has a high concentration of traffic lights considering it's size. I exited the roundabout only to suddenly realise afterwards that I couldn't recall paying attention to a traffic light mid-way through the roundabout. I got so caught up in driving 'carefully', that I failed to notice that there was a traffic light on the roundabout. I was driving at a slow/average speed and the roundabout was almost empty. I do recall some cars to my left, but wasn't sure whether they had exited before the lights or went through the lights (I'm hoping it's the latter).

I'm now really worried and it's now going to stay in the back of my mind until I know for sure. I always pay good attention on the road and would consider myself to be an alert and perceptive person when driving, but on this occasion I somehow managed to miss a traffic light.

As far as I know, traffic light cameras look this: http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/traffic-light-camera.htm

I'm pretty sure there are no traffic light cameras that look like that on the roundabout, but I do know that there are a few other cameras placed in and around the roundabout and am worried whether they can detect any red-light runners?

Here's the roundabout on Google Streetview: https://maps.google.com/?ll=51.57631...306.11,,0,2.12

You can probably see some cameras high up on the poles, but I'm guessing they may all be Transport for London's traffic monitoring cameras.

Should I be worried? Or am I just being a drama queen? I just don't want those points on my licence.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hustler-1337)
    Hi,

This morning, on my way back home from work, I approached a roundabout which has a high concentration of traffic lights considering it's size. I exited the roundabout only to suddenly realise afterwards that I couldn't recall paying attention to a traffic light mid-way through the roundabout. I got so caught up in driving 'carefully', that I failed to notice that there was a traffic light on the roundabout. I was driving at a slow/average speed and the roundabout was almost empty. I do recall some cars to my left, but wasn't sure whether they had exited before the lights or went through the lights (I'm hoping it's the latter).

I'm now really worried and it's now going to stay in the back of my mind until I know for sure. I always pay good attention on the road and would consider myself to be an alert and perceptive person when driving, but on this occasion I somehow managed to miss a traffic light.

As far as I know, traffic light cameras look this: http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/traffic-light-camera.htm

I'm pretty sure there are no traffic light cameras that look like that on the roundabout, but I do know that there are a few other cameras placed in and around the roundabout and am worried whether they can detect any red-light runners?

Here's the roundabout on Google Streetview: https://maps.google.com/?ll=51.57631...306.11,,0,2.12

You can probably see some cameras high up on the poles, but I'm guessing they may all be Transport for London's traffic monitoring cameras.

Should I be worried? Or am I just being a drama queen? I just don't want those points on my licence.

Thanks
    Well there's not much you can do about it if you did, is there

Just get on with things, and if you get points added, then you'll be that much more careful in the future!

ReputationRep:
    You're safe, no red light cameras on that roundabout

ReputationRep:
    I sorta did the same and I'm worried about whether or not it's likely that I've been caught. Here is where it happened. Is that camera a red light one?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiec93)
    Is that camera a red light one?
    No, it's an infra-red sensor to check if anyone's waiting. Enforcement cameras are much bigger, they face towards the lights and are usually yellow.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.