Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where can I buy reasonably priced designer clothes in the UK?

I quite like boutique type things but they cost a huge fortune! (I've looked at some stuff by guys like farfetch.com and even though I like what they sell, they are too expensive).

Is it cheaper to go to Italy or France to buy these things?

TK Maxx and designer outlet stores. Why do you specifically want designer labels though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parpirate)
    TK Maxx and designer outlet stores. Why do you specifically want designer labels though?
    Thanks!

I haven't been to TK Maxx yet - will try! Since I don't have a car, outlet stores can be a mission to get to as they tend to be in the outskirts of a town.. (I've been to Bicester Village a few times but they seem to be a few seasons behind).

I just had my birthday (so got some £££ gift to spend), and just thought about getting an investment designer piece, which will last more than my usual Primark clothes!

ReputationRep:
    As mentioned tk maxx sometimes have some nice designer stuff otherwise (if you live near by) Bicester, Swindon and I believe portsmouth have good outlet villages... Especially Bicester!

ReputationRep:
    If you've never been to TKmaxx you'll be very pleasantly surprised!

ReputationRep:
    Investment pieces don't always have to be designer! Have you though about the premium ranges at high street stores such as Topshop? I bought a gorgeous play suit for £62 from them in their premium range and the quality is great so I know it will last me ages

ReputationRep:
    right, I'm hitting TX Maxx this weekend!

@Jodie_668 - you're right, investment pieces don't have to be designer - and I love Top Shop

@hexagon999 - I don't think I will be able to stomach £250 for a winter cardi!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing with TKMAXX is though- Be prepared to spend a couple hours in there because its often a huge mess and there is barely no order of garments.

(Original post by laura8901)
    Thanks!

I haven't been to TK Maxx yet - will try! Since I don't have a car, outlet stores can be a mission to get to as they tend to be in the outskirts of a town.. (I've been to Bicester Village a few times but they seem to be a few seasons behind).

I just had my birthday (so got some £££ gift to spend), and just thought about getting an investment designer piece, which will last more than my usual Primark clothes!
    The outlet villages have regular buses running to them. Also the Cheshire Oaks (Ellesmere Port) often has coach trips there and you get people coming from loads of random countries just to shop there, I imagine some of the other large ones would be similar. They stock last season and current season stock normally, though I've only been the Cheshire Oaks and York.

Also a few designer brands have stores on ebay here though you obviously won't be able to try them on.

(Original post by laura8901)
    Where can I buy reasonably priced designer clothes in the UK?

I quite like boutique type things but they cost a huge fortune! (I've looked at some stuff by guys like farfetch.com and even though I like what they sell, they are too expensive).

Is it cheaper to go to Italy or France to buy these things?
    Dubai is pretty cheap on this front as they have no sales tax... that said in the UK, if you can get designer clothes cheaply, you must wonder if they are real.

ReputationRep:
    Down yer local market? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    search designer clothes or celebrity clothes online. There are many online stores selling those clothes.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.