Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How much revision should i do over easter Watch

ReputationRep:
    im a2, and have 9 or 10 exams this summer and doing maths chemistry and biology. i also need to finish my chemistry coursework and extended project. how much should i do? thnx

ReputationRep:
    However much works for you. You should know how much that is by now.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in A2 I did about two and a half hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonVII)
    calm down no need to be racist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    What? How has that got anything to do with racism? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    wat grades u get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    wat grades u get
    A*AA

ReputationRep:
    A*AA
    wat subjects u take

ReputationRep:
    wat subjects u take
    French, Maths and Chemistry (dropped English lit after AS and got an A in it)

ReputationRep:
    French, Maths and Chemistry (dropped English lit after AS and got an A in it)
    wat revision techniques u use r u naturally clever

ReputationRep:
    What? How has that got anything to do with racism? :confused:
    Stop trying to justify your despicable language :donut:

There is no revision techniques, you just learn everything then do papers simple as. Too much emphasis is put on how to work rather than just working IMO. 2:30 hours of revision a day is relatively low id say for the grades he got if the time is uniformly distributed but im sure he never spend as much time on maths and french as he did on chem I reckon its in a ratio of 2hours and 29 mins for chem and 30 secs each for maths and french

ReputationRep:
    Well like I said, I didnt leave everything to the last minute, cos thats always a big mistake. Erm I didnt specifically use any weird techniques, simply revised a little everyday from notes and textbook and by the time I go to the exam, I had gone over the material so many times I knew it inside out.

Maths was an exception. As well as revising from notes, I went through the past papers like 5 times each.

ReputationRep:
    u should be studying atleast 10 hours a day...7 hours for enterainment/spare time....and finally a fixed 7 hours of sleep....u wanna make sure u use your fresh energy to study first...

the guy a few posts above me said he got AAA by just doing 2 hours 30 mins...he is lieing...he either cheated in the exams or he had already worked hard in the early years of As and A2 which enabled him to already have high grades so he could relax for the A2 summer exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    how is this racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    u should be studying atleast 10 hours a day...7 hours for enterainment/spare time....and finally a fixed 7 hours of sleep....u wanna make sure u use your fresh energy to study first...

the guy a few posts above me said he got AAA by just doing 2 hours 30 mins...he is lieing...he either cheated in the exams or he had already worked hard in the early years of As and A2 which enabled him to already have high grades so he could relax for the A2 summer exams...
    why is he lying? Many people I know do no work then work for an hour a day a week before the exams and come out with % in the high 90s, some people are very smart naturally others have to work hard and still flop. 2 and a half hours is a sufficient amount if you work from the begininng and not a week before the exam like he said. Its honestly not as hard as you may think to achieve AAA at A level

ReputationRep:
    Erm if youre gonna ***** about me at least quote and dont try and do it behind my back! :rolleyes:

Youre obviously a troll, and Im not lying. And of course I worked hard in AS...doesnt mean you can relax for A2 though...

EDIT: 10 hours a day, you joking??!! OP, this is definitely a troll.
    studying 2 hours 30 mins a day and still get A*AA? you are the troll here mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    why is he lying? Many people I know do no work then work for an hour a day a week before the exams and come out with % in the high 90s, some people are very smart naturally others have to work hard and still flop. 2 and a half hours is a sufficient amount if you work from the begininng and not a week before the exam like he said. Its honestly not as hard as you may think to achieve AAA at A level
    i study for 6 hours a day and still come out with Bs,Cs and E,s....

so you are telling me i am an idiot? well thanks a lot for that.......something is really fishy here

ReputationRep:
    Are you even doing A levels? I dont know who youve been talking to, but doing 10 hours a day is not only near impossible, but would clearly be detrimental.
    it is possible. my maximum record was 15 hours a day..and i had 5 cans of Red Bull....turned out i still couldnt get A grades and came out with some Cs and Es

and yes i do A levels..plz explain my failures?

ReputationRep:
    it is possible. my maximum record was 15 hours a day..and i had 5 cans of Red Bull....turned out i still couldnt get A grades and came out with some Cs and Es

and yes i do A levels..plz explain my failures?
    How can I explain your 'failures', I don't know you. I guess some people can just get by with less work. Plenty of people I know would revise for no longer than 4 hours a day max and still come out with straight Bs or a mixture of As and Bs.

ReputationRep:
    i study for 6 hours a day and still come out with Bs,Cs and E,s....

so you are telling me i am an idiot? well thanks a lot for that.......something is really fishy here
    Im not calling you an idiot but Im doing A2 at the moment and managed to get 3As and a D (lol thats what you get starting revision 1 day before the exam) at AS and I would not say you needed to revise 6 hours. Ill admit it depends on the subject I got an A in religous studies AS but Ill accept there is no way im coming out with an A overall because I know how hard the 2 june exams are. It depends on how you distribute your time tbh. I spend most of it on maths but i still find maths the easiest subject out of the 3 I do. As for you im not sure how to explain you doing the work and coming out with an E, a lot of these exams are to do with luck and your performance on the day just because you flopped some of your exams does not make you an idiot

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.