Turn on thread page Beta

Another' what are my chances' post, but necessary.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what if that person is ony good at passing exams though, and can't think outside the boundaries like they expect you to- they'll be seen through some way or another- even if this hypothetical person got in, they could end up flunking the first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilde_Oscar)
    My reason for asking was because so far, I have not seen people on here with no A*s, and my module result. I was worried, and I wanted to know how far it would count in the opinion of so intellectually superior students so, I asked. What harm could it do to venture the question?
    I got a C in one of my German AS modules but still an A overall in it. The actual problem was not with my speaking, but with the fact that we hadn't been told our presentation had to be about something relating to German culture. So I had a damn amazing presentation, but got almost no marks for it because it wasn't about Germany. Back then though, we didn't have to give in module results.

Joey, I'm no ruder than you! I just get snappy and sarcastic at times

ReputationRep:
    I get so fed up with these threads.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, if you think youre good enough, and you want to apply, do it. Most of the unis you put on your form will be there just to fill space anyway, you have nothing to lose by applying to cambridge. Just go for it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    im pretty sure that if the person has 100000 a* at gcse with 100as at alevel will get in
    Don't be so sure kiddo, if the person has the personality of a wet trout or doesn't answer his interview questions well, he probably won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    what if that person is ony good at passing exams though, and can't think outside the boundaries like they expect you to- they'll be seen through some way or another- even if this hypothetical person got in, they could end up flunking the first year.
    yes you're right, you can master the art of answering exam qus, but can you think beyond.....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.