Another' what are my chances' post, but necessary.. Watch

This discussion is closed.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what if that person is ony good at passing exams though, and can't think outside the boundaries like they expect you to- they'll be seen through some way or another- even if this hypothetical person got in, they could end up flunking the first year.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Wilde_Oscar)
My reason for asking was because so far, I have not seen people on here with no A*s, and my module result. I was worried, and I wanted to know how far it would count in the opinion of so intellectually superior students so, I asked. What harm could it do to venture the question?
I got a C in one of my German AS modules but still an A overall in it. The actual problem was not with my speaking, but with the fact that we hadn't been told our presentation had to be about something relating to German culture. So I had a damn amazing presentation, but got almost no marks for it because it wasn't about Germany. Back then though, we didn't have to give in module results.

Joey, I'm no ruder than you! I just get snappy and sarcastic at times
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I get so fed up with these threads.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
At the end of the day, if you think youre good enough, and you want to apply, do it. Most of the unis you put on your form will be there just to fill space anyway, you have nothing to lose by applying to cambridge. Just go for it..
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
im pretty sure that if the person has 100000 a* at gcse with 100as at alevel will get in
Don't be so sure kiddo, if the person has the personality of a wet trout or doesn't answer his interview questions well, he probably won't.
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
what if that person is ony good at passing exams though, and can't think outside the boundaries like they expect you to- they'll be seen through some way or another- even if this hypothetical person got in, they could end up flunking the first year.
yes you're right, you can master the art of answering exam qus, but can you think beyond.....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (759)
90.57%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (79)
9.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed