Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear all, I am doing market research for headphones, how many of you loose your headphones or break them and require a spare set ready to go when you break your good set, I was wondering if £1.30 was a good price including delivery. Also how many of you like the idea of a brand new tablet for £50. I am a student looking into starting my own business and these prices have been checked and I can sell at these prices.

I look forward to all responses, please leave your opinion.

Many Thanks
    William

ReputationRep:
    I would not buy either of those. Yes they are both very cheap, but the quality and comfort of the headphones are going to be atrocious, and the tablet is going to be ridiculously unresponsive and probably lacking in apps. (assuming it is an imitation, and you are not getting a decent brand cheaply)

Also I have never lost a pair of headphone I regularly use, and only had one pair that broke.

ReputationRep:
    True I have looked on site such as ebay and the same headphones are selling very well, they are selling 82 pieces a day at £1.39 and I am undercutting that the same tablet that I am buying is selling well also, the seller on ebay has sold 3544 in two months and has made a total profit of £70k in 3 months. Do you think I should just try ebay the reason I asked on this forum was to see the responses and hopefully market my products, I know what you mean.

I value your post and will take it into account when sourcing my products.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamBlakemore)
    True I have looked on site such as ebay and the same headphones are selling very well, they are selling 82 pieces a day at £1.39 and I am undercutting that the same tablet that I am buying is selling well also, the seller on ebay has sold 3544 in two months and has made a total profit of £70k in 3 months. Do you think I should just try ebay the reason I asked on this forum was to see the responses and hopefully market my products, I know what you mean.

I value your post and will take it into account when sourcing my products.
    My thoughts are the same as dean.

But I just want to say you won't get as many orders because the other person has probably been trading for ages therefore has great feedback. You'll I presume start with no feedback, so it will be difficult.

You can try it though.

ReputationRep:
    This is true they have over 100K feedbacks, I have 8 at the minute, I have brought 5000 sets of headphones from china for £220 so I, wont lose much money even if it takes a few months.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, stop basing your idea for a business on one or two eBay sellers. This is ridiculous.

Secondly, get over to www.surveymonkey.com and create a survey for free - target more people... Your market research right now seems to consist of a post with a few replies on one forum and two eBay sellers!

Right now, I don't think you have a viable business plan. You need to look at all perspective. Get yourself 'Twitter Adder' the ideal social networking marketing tool for twitter. It might help you target your market a bit better.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I would buy the headphones yeh but not the tablet, I loose or break my headphones pretty much ever week tbh

ReputationRep:
    Also - there isn't a big demand for things like cheap earphones. Or cheap tablets as people have become accustomed to 'you get what you pay for'. The 'I won't be losing much even if it takes months' attitude is also wrong, you're in business to make money, not make/lose a few pounds after months of waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, This is really helpful, I will take it all into account, you have all helped me I feel that I need to look into it in more detail, thankyou for the idea for using the survey I had no idea about that I only joined the forum today.

Very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamBlakemore)
    Thankyou, This is really helpful, I will take it all into account, you have all helped me I feel that I need to look into it in more detail, thankyou for the idea for using the survey I had no idea about that I only joined the forum today.

Very much appreciated
    No problem William, I'm glad you found help on here Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    Also - there isn't a big demand for things like cheap earphones. Or cheap tablets as people have become accustomed to 'you get what you pay for'. The 'I won't be losing much even if it takes months' attitude is also wrong, you're in business to make money, not make/lose a few pounds after months of waiting.
    In addition to this, you'll probably find everything online has tough competition because every man and his dog can set up an ebay account and start selling. Every market you can think of is saturated so it can be very difficult to find a niche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    In addition to this, you'll probably find everything online has tough competition because every man and his dog can set up an ebay account and start selling. Every market you can think of is saturated so it can be very difficult to find a niche.

Thankyou matey, I am thinking of it all, and this forum is really helping me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.