Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from Cardiff for Economics BSc but im worried about the amount of maths involved as its not something im strong at.
    Im thinking of switching to economics and history or economics and philosophy.
    does anyone know anything about these courses or if they are less mathematically based?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayya)
    I've got an offer from Cardiff for Economics BSc but im worried about the amount of maths involved as its not something im strong at.
    does anyone know anything about these courses or if they are less mathematically based?
    Hey, I'm in my first year studying Econ at Cardiff. I only have a C in GCSE maths and i'm coping fine. If you're prepared to work at it you'll be fine. Even if you do a combination you'll still have the core modules for Econ which is where the maths lies.

Ryan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smarty93)
    Hey, I'm in my first year studying Econ at Cardiff. I only have a C in GCSE maths and i'm coping fine. If you're prepared to work at it you'll be fine. Even if you do a combination you'll still have the core modules for Econ which is where the maths lies.

Ryan
    Seriously, I wanted to do straight economics as I thought there'd be enough in it to keep my fascination with maths at bay, do you literally not even do calculus?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing economics this year and I beard off a current student theres a lot of maths involved

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hv03vfx)
    Im doing economics this year and I beard off a current student theres a lot of maths involved

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes there is maths, but the uni you go to will limit what you learn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smarty93)

Ryan
    Wow, I was scared about doing a degree in economics with an A-level in maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayya)
    Hey I think the first year for the courses would be rather similar so if k were you I'd just do the first year then decide

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.