Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I have recently applied to a bunch of universities in Scotland and I have received offers from all but one of the universities I applied for. However, on one of my offers it says I have to take an IELTS (English language test) to be able to get accepted. I was under the impression I would not have to do this type of test as I am an IB-student. I have e-mailed the university in question but they have not answered. Has anyone else had the same problem? Any ideas on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edith94)
    Hi!
    I have recently applied to a bunch of universities in Scotland and I have received offers from all but one of the universities I applied for. However, on one of my offers it says I have to take an IELTS (English language test) to be able to get accepted. I was under the impression I would not have to do this type of test as I am an IB-student. I have e-mailed the university in question but they have not answered. Has anyone else had the same problem? Any ideas on what I should do?
    I am an applicant, too. I got two offers. On my offers, it is indicated that I have to get at least a 6 in English B HL. Taking IELTS or any other English Language test is not one of the conditions. However, I will have to take IELTS eventually to apply for a student visa.

Contact the uni for more info. They may be able to accept your English grade for IB.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.