The Student Room Group

MA in Photography

Hi, im looking to do a masters degree in photography soon, and wondered what are the best courses in the UK to do this, i like the sound of Edinburgh College of Art, and Anglia Ruskin University, do you have any recommendation? and have those of you that have done a masters in photography at either of these universities, think it is worthwhile. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Beckamia11
Hi, im looking to do a masters degree in photography soon, and wondered what are the best courses in the UK to do this, i like the sound of Edinburgh College of Art, and Anglia Ruskin University, do you have any recommendation? and have those of you that have done a masters in photography at either of these universities, think it is worthwhile. Thanks :smile:

Hi Beckamia,

I'm Dan, one of the TSR reps for the University of Derby.

I think as with all arts based PG courses the course you choose will highly depend on your reasoning for wanting to take a Masters in the subject.

May I ask what you hope to gain by acheiving a Masters qualification in your chosen area? i.e more experience, route into academia/research, professional accreditation, better job prospects.
Reply 2
I would like the chance to go to university, as i am doing my BA through distance learning, i'd love to get the university experience, as well as proffessional accreditation, but i wish to go on to do my Doctorate also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending