Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im looking to do a masters degree in photography soon, and wondered what are the best courses in the UK to do this, i like the sound of Edinburgh College of Art, and Anglia Ruskin University, do you have any recommendation? and have those of you that have done a masters in photography at either of these universities, think it is worthwhile. Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckamia11)
    Hi, im looking to do a masters degree in photography soon, and wondered what are the best courses in the UK to do this, i like the sound of Edinburgh College of Art, and Anglia Ruskin University, do you have any recommendation? and have those of you that have done a masters in photography at either of these universities, think it is worthwhile. Thanks

Hi Beckamia,

I'm Dan, one of the TSR reps for the University of Derby.

I think as with all arts based PG courses the course you choose will highly depend on your reasoning for wanting to take a Masters in the subject.

May I ask what you hope to gain by acheiving a Masters qualification in your chosen area? i.e more experience, route into academia/research, professional accreditation, better job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    I would like the chance to go to university, as i am doing my BA through distance learning, i'd love to get the university experience, as well as proffessional accreditation, but i wish to go on to do my Doctorate also.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.