Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm running for head boy and I need tips on how to make a successful speech Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would be grateful for any help,please

ReputationRep:
    Imagine everyone is naked. Wearing only a headboy badge. Imagine that could be you.

ReputationRep:
    Try and make it funny and lighthearted! I suspect everyone will get tired of listening to the mundane speeches and so by injecting some humour into it everyone will remember your speech for being different!

Or do something radical - at my college the current student president got elected because he ****ged off the previous Student Union for inactivity!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but what points in speech should i try to highlight and what key lines should i use

ReputationRep:
    You want to be head boy, not us. What would YOU do as head boy? What do YOU want to do as head boy?

ReputationRep:
    Try not to take yourself so seriously. Appeal to people's sense of humor, make it fun!
    (I have no idea why you got negged - liked to balance you back out)

ReputationRep:
    Be engaging and speak slowly. Try to make your speech sound natural as opposed to fake, so people get a sense of who you are and what you stand for, as opposed to just another candidate making worthless statements about how great he is and what he will [or probably won't] do for the school. But don't take it too seriously otherwise you'll become boring to listen to. At the same time, don't be too jovial otherwise you will look like you don't care And try to come up with some original ideas but don't be unrealistic - you're not going to make vast changes the school to the school, so don't try to pretend that you will.

ReputationRep:
    Smile; make sure you look smart and handsome; greet people; brush your teeth and smile, smile and smile!

Like this ->
    Not like this -> (seems creepy for a speech lol)

Good luck OP! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Owh, when making a speech, make sure you have an intro, points, elaborate on those points and conclude. Remember connect them together, speak clearly and again SMILE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedd)
    Try not to take yourself so seriously. Appeal to people's sense of humor, make it fun!
    (I have no idea why you got negged - liked to balance you back out)
    Thank you, and thanks for all of this guys it's really helping me

ReputationRep:
    listen to Martin Luther King jr and the famous I have a dream Speech

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.