Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eldedu)
    Choose Derwent.

Derwent is like that one relative you see every couple of years at family reunions. There's the unusual smell and large amounts of asbestos, but you know we're heaps more fun than anything else.
    Derwent does sound fun. But I don't think I'll be too pleased with the apparent lack of shelf space. And I'd like a college a little more quiet, but not by much.

(Original post by Redolent)
    Large amounts of asbestos?
    Exactly what I was thinking :K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redolent)
    Large amounts of asbestos?
    Don't worry, apparently it doesn't kill us unless we breathe it in. And you can't breathe it in unless it's chipped. And they're careful not to chip it.

Or something like that.
    You've got to die of something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eldedu)
    Don't worry, apparently it doesn't kill us unless we breathe it in. And you can't breathe it in unless it's chipped. And they're careful not to chip it.

Or something like that.
    You've got to die of something.
    Well that's alright then

Spoiler:
    Show
    srsly though I'm totally gonna worry about that now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You can choose which college, and I'd go for James. Alcuin is rubbish for social life and has no sense of community and is farther than the rest. Vanbrugh is pretty ugly and seen as abit gay I think (artsy was the word). James is the nicest, closest to the gym, sports courts, yusu centre and has its own bar.

ReputationRep:
    HALIFAX!!!

It's the place to be.

LOL jk, don't know anyone who chose Halifax. We all just got stuck with it :P Wouldn't move for anything though.

Seriously though, Halifax is great. We even have our own Costcutters.

The walk to campus wakes you up and has you feeling all superior when you see people falling asleep in 9am lectures while you are wide awake

Socially it's decent and we often join James for social events. Someone threw a house party and about 200 people turned up from all over the uni haha, so it doesn't have to be isolated :P

All the accommodation is modern and the rooms are nice. Also I think it is the prettiest college; it's arranged in courts and will be great in summer because there are quad type areas with benches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shahiruddin)
    You can choose which college, and I'd go for James. Alcuin is rubbish for social life and has no sense of community and is farther than the rest. Vanbrugh is pretty ugly and seen as abit gay I think (artsy was the word). James is the nicest, closest to the gym, sports courts, yusu centre and has its own bar.
    The James buildings are rather nice. I actually like everything about it. I just wish it was closer to the main university building

(Original post by battycatlady)
    HALIFAX!!!

It's the place to be.

LOL jk, don't know anyone who chose Halifax. We all just got stuck with it :P Wouldn't move for anything though.

Seriously though, Halifax is great. We even have our own Costcutters.

The walk to campus wakes you up and has you feeling all superior when you see people falling asleep in 9am lectures while you are wide awake

Socially it's decent and we often join James for social events. Someone threw a house party and about 200 people turned up from all over the uni haha, so it doesn't have to be isolated :P

All the accommodation is modern and the rooms are nice. Also I think it is the prettiest college; it's arranged in courts and will be great in summer because there are quad type areas with benches.
    I love how enthusiastic the Halifax college students are! (Not to mention how the ensuite rooms are to die for) But the distance is slightly worrying, as well as the 51 week let for ensuite rooms

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.