Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone else got an offer for PwC this September?

I recently got an offer and have sent back my offer booklet! Anyone know how long the pre-screening checks take to complete? And do we receive confirmation that they are complete via an email containing our start date?

Good luck to everyone currently applying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_90)
    Hey, anyone else got an offer for PwC this September?

I recently got an offer and have sent back my offer booklet! Anyone know how long the pre-screening checks take to complete? And do we receive confirmation that they are complete via an email containing our start date?

Good luck to everyone currently applying!
    Your confirmation is being let into the building. No news is good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Your confirmation is being let into the building. No news is good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, I presumed I would get confirmation within a few weeks. Need to know, so I can start planning relocation/holidays!

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer back in August, haven't heard from them since apart from that one time in December when they emailed me to confirm my second year uni grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouble-trouble)
    I got my offer back in August, haven't heard from them since apart from that one time in December when they emailed me to confirm my second year uni grades
    So you haven't received a start date yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_90)
    So you haven't received a start date yet?
    nope, they get in touch with you 6 weeks before the start date, and that's the earliest.
    April starters just got their info emails recently.

so, unless you are an international applicant and need to sort your visa out, the next time you communicate with them is around July time, when you graduate and need to sign the contract now that you've met their offer.

it's possible that there will be a social for new joiners in your office/department before you join, they might contact you about that. well, at least that's what the offer booklet says

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in September too, and having interned with them before I can tell you not to expect any more communications with them until June/July. Some people have emailed their HR people and been told their start dates, but these range from Sept 2nd to Sept 16th so it's totally dependent on office and department I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    start dates are up on Embark now, guys

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was wondering if anyone else is having problems logging in to Embark? I've been unable to log in for the past couple of months now. I've tried using different browsers, computers, resetting my password but no luck and the HR people I've spoken to have been unable to suggest anything else.

Are all September 2013 start dates now up? Does anyone happen to know the London Assurance/ Risk Assurance start date?

Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystalrose.)
    Hi I was wondering if anyone else is having problems logging in to Embark? I've been unable to log in for the past couple of months now. I've tried using different browsers, computers, resetting my password but no luck and the HR people I've spoken to have been unable to suggest anything else.

Are all September 2013 start dates now up? Does anyone happen to know the London Assurance/ Risk Assurance start date?

Thanks!
    It's 2nd September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chapeau Rouge)
    It's 2nd September
    Thank you!! I was hoping it would be later but at least I can start planning relocation etc around that now!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystalrose.)
    Thank you!! I was hoping it would be later but at least I can start planning relocation etc around that now!
    Same, I only get back from holiday the day before, not really ideal!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Is anyone joining PWC this September in the Gatwick office?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Has anyone heard anything about the Facebook group that PwC are meant to invite us all to?

I know there's an unofficial Facebook group that someone has made, but I'm referring to the official PwC one.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! Can you send me the link of the unofficial FB group? I need to find a short term accommodation in East Midlands office and have no idea about that area. Probably need to find the FB page to ask for more details about the flat sharing. Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Here's the link for you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142043279285183/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks !

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.