Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other ice hockey fans on here who will be missing it this summer?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelBee)
    Are there any other ice hockey fans on here who will be missing it this summer?!
    Yeah I follow the Sheffield Steelers, seen a few of their games! Was pretty good fun to watch!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah_22_16)
    Yes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which team do you follow?

ReputationRep:
    Belfast Giants fan, haven't been to as many games this season as I'd have liked. It will be missed this summer, but I just hope there'll be a team to return to in September, due to ownership legal battle.

I vaguely follow Boston and Pittsburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Which team do you follow?
    Well we don't have an EPL team round here so I follow the dynamos (NIHL div 1, used to be Medway Bears) I also like the Bruins.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I follow the Sheffield Steelers, seen a few of their games! Was pretty good fun to watch!

How about you?
    Steelers all the way!

(Original post by LeJoshing)
    Belfast Giants fan, haven't been to as many games this season as I'd have liked. It will be missed this summer, but I just hope there'll be a team to return to in September, due to ownership legal battle.

I vaguely follow Boston and Pittsburgh.
    To my knowledge everything is going as smoothly as can be expected, I think the league would be very sorry to lose them and know it would make no sense. I was at the Steelers v Giants game at the weekend, all got a bit strange though with a lot of bench minors being handed out and Keefe's behaviour!

ReputationRep:
    Steelers all the way!

To my knowledge everything is going as smoothly as can be expected, I think the league would be very sorry to lose them and know it would make no sense. I was at the Steelers v Giants game at the weekend, all got a bit strange though with a lot of bench minors being handed out and Keefe's behaviour!
    Yay a fellow Steelers fan do you go a lot?

What do you think of our performance this season?

ReputationRep:
    Yay a fellow Steelers fan do you go a lot?

What do you think of our performance this season?
    I go to almost all the home games, I only miss them when I'm at college (Tuesday night games? Really?!) or on holiday, you? This year we have been ridiculously inconsistent. Signing Pecker and Shields was clearly a mistake, I'm surprised Shields walked and wasn't fired! His past form seemed to keep him at the club for longer, once I pointed out how poor he was everyone started looking at him and going 'Huh...He really doesn't contribute' I've been surprised by DeCaro's form, I was one of the many doubters at the beginning of the season but he has done an amazing job! Loving how Esders is coming on as a player, Michel has been amazing for us and I think Limper improved as the season progressed. There's a lot of the team that I'd like to keep this year and some that I won't mind (and apparently will be) seeing the back of, towards the end it seemed to be the same few players that put the effort in. Anyone you'd like to see leave or join?

ReputationRep:
    I go to almost all the home games, I only miss them when I'm at college (Tuesday night games? Really?!) or on holiday, you? This year we have been ridiculously inconsistent. Signing Pecker and Shields was clearly a mistake, I'm surprised Shields walked and wasn't fired! His past form seemed to keep him at the club for longer, once I pointed out how poor he was everyone started looking at him and going 'Huh...He really doesn't contribute' I've been surprised by DeCaro's form, I was one of the many doubters at the beginning of the season but he has done an amazing job! Loving how Esders is coming on as a player, Michel has been amazing for us and I think Limper improved as the season progressed. There's a lot of the team that I'd like to keep this year and some that I won't mind (and apparently will be) seeing the back of, towards the end it seemed to be the same few players that put the effort in. Anyone you'd like to see leave or join?
    That's very impressive I've only been to a handful this season as I've been back at Uni; whereas last year I was living in Sheffield on placement so it was easy to get on the tram to games!

Yeah I was never that enamoured to Pecker & Shields so I'm glad you agree! A friend at work who I went with used to defend them to death so it's nice to see someone agreeing

You've pretty much summed it up how I see it, albeit from my limited viewing; have you been going for quite a few years then?

ReputationRep:
    That's very impressive I've only been to a handful this season as I've been back at Uni; whereas last year I was living in Sheffield on placement so it was easy to get on the tram to games!

Yeah I was never that enamoured to Pecker & Shields so I'm glad you agree! A friend at work who I went with used to defend them to death so it's nice to see someone agreeing

You've pretty much summed it up how I see it, albeit from my limited viewing; have you been going for quite a few years then?
    I only started watching midway through the 2011/12 season but I dipped in and out of watching Bruins before that. Where are you at for uni now? The traveling makes hockey take so long, I live in Leeds so it's such a pain getting back on a Saturday night!

ReputationRep:
    I only started watching midway through the 2011/12 season but I dipped in and out of watching Bruins before that. Where are you at for uni now? The traveling makes hockey take so long, I live in Leeds so it's such a pain getting back on a Saturday night!
    Wow that's commitment coming from Leeds!

I'm at Loughborough so I was able to get to one of the games at Nottingham too!

Are you excited for the playoffs?

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's commitment coming from Leeds!

I'm at Loughborough so I was able to get to one of the games at Nottingham too!

Are you excited for the playoffs?
    I'm gutted I won't be there and I don't relish the idea of seeing Nottingham win that too!

ReputationRep:
    Its a shame that I left the Premier League, but it should all be worth it if I want to get into uni! Hopefully ill be getting back into it there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerkyB)
    Its a shame that I left the Premier League, but it should all be worth it if I want to get into uni! Hopefully ill be getting back into it there
    Sometimes things just have to take a back seat occasionally! I'm having to cut back on horse riding due to time and money but would be worth it if I got a higher paid job and got my own horse. I almost had to cut back on watching hockey but fortunately kind people stepped in to make sure that didn't happen.

Do you play or just watch?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes things just have to take a back seat occasionally! I'm having to cut back on horse riding due to time and money but would be worth it if I got a higher paid job and got my own horse. I almost had to cut back on watching hockey but fortunately kind people stepped in to make sure that didn't happen.

Do you play or just watch?

That weird I used to ride as well before my exams. I used to loan a horse, but when I got to A levels I never had any time free. I used to play premier league, but again, things got stressful with pressure on the team along with my A levels so I chose to leave the team. I occasionally watch hockey online, but rarely now. After problems with my team, it's resulted in me having a lack of interest for the sport anymore to be honest. Things may change at university though...

ReputationRep:
    That weird I used to ride as well before my exams. I used to loan a horse, but when I got to A levels I never had any time free. I used to play premier league, but again, things got stressful with pressure on the team along with my A levels so I chose to leave the team. I occasionally watch hockey online, but rarely now. After problems with my team, it's resulted in me having a lack of interest for the sport anymore to be honest. Things may change at university though...
    I'd love to play but the closest team to me is Sheffield, sadly getting there for training and matches o a weekly basis wouldn't be feasible.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a good team too. Yeah it is tough I must say, I had to train on friday evenings from 10 pm till 12am, and then you might have a match away as far as Cardiff the next day. It's physically and mentally draining! Then add an injury on top of that and its even worse!

ReputationRep:
    Bruins fan here.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a good team too. Yeah it is tough I must say, I had to train on friday evenings from 10 pm till 12am, and then you might have a match away as far as Cardiff the next day. It's physically and mentally draining! Then add an injury on top of that and its even worse!
    I get so cranky when I'm tired haha.

(Original post by RHCPfan)
    Bruins fan here.
    Excellent choice, I have family in Boston so I'd love to catch a game sometime.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.