Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Let's go Penguins!

I saw an English game when I was in England too, good night out. :yep:

I also play, it's such an awesome sport, there's nothing in my life like the thrill of a game.

ReputationRep:
    I went to see a match when I was in Helsinki (Jokerit were playing I think? )

It was fantastic, most fun I've had watching a sporting event live!

ReputationRep:
    The season for me ended on a downer last night, knocked out of the playoffs by Coventry. :mad:

Still, at least I didn't fork out £100 on tickets and travel to watch the playoffs like my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelBee)
    The season for me ended on a downer last night, knocked out of the playoffs by Coventry. :mad:

Still, at least I didn't fork out £100 on tickets and travel to watch the playoffs like my friend.
    I know, gutted a downer for sure but hey ho, up's and down's and all that :/

ReputationRep:
    ex-Newcastle Vipers fan and Detroit Red Wings fan reporting in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    I know, gutted a downer for sure but hey ho, up's and down's and all that :/
    Oh well, just Tuesdays game in N'ham and our misery will be complete! There was a bizarre incident last night regarding a possible hole in the net, really odd.

(Original post by pratstercs)
    ex-Newcastle Vipers fan and Detroit Red Wings fan reporting in!
    My friend used to watch Newcastle, is it true their ice used to slant?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, just Tuesdays game in N'ham and our misery will be complete! There was a bizarre incident last night regarding a possible hole in the net, really odd.
    Oh, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Oh, what happened?
    Basically a goal wasn't awarded to Cov, they swore it went in, the line judge didn't think it did, the net rippled, the puck did NOT stay in the net so play was stopped whilst everyone gathered round to look for a hole haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do like a bit of ice hockey.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Panthers vs Cardiff Devils
    Belfast Giants vs Coventry Blaze

Who'll make it to the Playoff final? I think Fife were unlucky not to beat Nottingham, they had 2 disallowed goals from what I heard which would of made them win on aggregate 6-5, instead lost by 5-4. Kind of glad Coventry got though, they've been fairly unlucky throughout league games the past few years, so making it to the semi's is good for them.

Wish I had sky to view this online, hopefully make it to the playoff weekend at some point!

ReputationRep:
    My friend used to watch Newcastle, is it true their ice used to slant?
    Yep, the ice was pretty terrible, specially after we moved to Whitley Bay. I play there every Saturday, and the ice is often awful. The Zamboni's often broken, and there's a pretty good chance of snow lying everywhere or huge puddles across the ice :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeJoshing)
    Nottingham Panthers vs Cardiff Devils
    Belfast Giants vs Coventry Blaze

Who'll make it to the Playoff final? I think Fife were unlucky not to beat Nottingham, they had 2 disallowed goals from what I heard which would of made them win on aggregate 6-5, instead lost by 5-4. Kind of glad Coventry got though, they've been fairly unlucky throughout league games the past few years, so making it to the semi's is good for them.

Wish I had sky to view this online, hopefully make it to the playoff weekend at some point!
    Three goals were disallowed, I'm becoming quite cynical when it comes to Nottingham winning. The first leg in Fife was finished early as the plexi glass smashed so the remainder of the game was played in H'ham.

Yep, the ice was pretty terrible, specially after we moved to Whitley Bay. I play there every Saturday, and the ice is often awful. The Zamboni's often broken, and there's a pretty good chance of snow lying everywhere or huge puddles across the ice :P
    I skate at Bradford and it's a toilet of a rink. There's a bit in the middle that people fly off because it's raised and we too have puddling issues haha.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent choice, I have family in Boston so I'd love to catch a game sometime.
    I'd like to get to see a game in Boston one day

ReputationRep:
    I skate at Bradford and it's a toilet of a rink. There's a bit in the middle that people fly off because it's raised and we too have puddling issues haha.
    Couple of weeks ago, we were trying to have a game, but the frost everywhere kept making the passes go half the distance making it a pain to actually have a game

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHCPfan)
    I'd like to get to see a game in Boston one day
    With the season being during the colder months I worry about getting stranded out there (work would not be happy!) but I suppose there's worse places to be stuck. I'm off to Boston in June but I can't see there being a game in spite of the lockout!

Couple of weeks ago, we were trying to have a game, but the frost everywhere kept making the passes go half the distance making it a pain to actually have a game

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha that's pretty bad!

ReputationRep:
    With the season being during the colder months I worry about getting stranded out there (work would not be happy!) but I suppose there's worse places to be stuck. I'm off to Boston in June but I can't see there being a game in spite of the lockout!
    Never thought about getting stranded there :lol:
    You could still pay a visit to the TD garden though, obviously won't be the same if there isn't a game on but still be interesting to see it. Is it your first time going to Boston?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched any ice hockey for quite a while now but I support the historical great, yet currently awful, Toronto Maple Leafs.

I remember the good old days when it was on Channel 5 with Todd Macklin. What a great pundit he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHCPfan)
    Never thought about getting stranded there :lol:
    You could still pay a visit to the TD garden though, obviously won't be the same if there isn't a game on but still be interesting to see it. Is it your first time going to Boston?
    First time going alone, I've been a lot when I was younger.

(Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I haven't watched any ice hockey for quite a while now but I support the historical great, yet currently awful, Toronto Maple Leafs.

I remember the good old days when it was on Channel 5 with Todd Macklin. What a great pundit he was.
    My friend gets free Leafs tickets through work and she's still not convinced she's getting her moneys worth since they keep missing the playoffs! She's scary when she's angry, maybe they should put her in charge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)

It's a shame they stopped showing the ice hockey on C5

ReputationRep:
    So it's time for the playoffs...

Lets go B's

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.